Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now that I have your attention
I have a question about the heated seats. When I was looking at the car to purchase my original salesman ( which I fired ) was showing me the remote start and he said the only problem with them was the heated seats did not come on using it. Before tonight they never have , but I left to go to the store earlier and when I got in the driver side seat heater and the mirror heaters were both on, before tonight it hasn't been really cold but I did have the heater on in thr car , tonight it is BITTERLY COLD outside but inside garage it's only 36 degrees. So my question is do these options work off of ambient temperature or your heater settings?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I don't have a remote start but I know on my wife's journey when it's cold out the rear window defrost will come on by its self so it is possible they have those options set up to come on below a specific temp

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,122 Posts
I believe they are activated by ambient temperatures. I leave my hvac system on auto and have noticed when it's very cold heated seat , steering wheel, mirrors and rear window come on with autostart.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments i guess it's ambient temp, if it wasn't so frikkin cold I would spend the time and check it out

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think it's around 35 degrees...it works for me. Make sure to set the EVIC to allow the seat/steering wheel to heat from remote start. (don't remember the setting, but it's in the personal settings menu)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Joe
I've been through the evic and the hidden screen several times and have never seen this option ( or the top speed which burns my butt because several have found it ) I've tried it several times yesterday and its still coming on so I'm good with it , nice to come out to a cozy car

·
Registered
304 Posts
In my car the driver side heated seat does come on when I remote start, but not the passenger side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts