Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally did a REAL burnout in the Challenger and was able to let the pipes ring like crazy, smoke was coming in through the rear trunk area like crazy afterwards, just a general question, is there any way to "estimate" how much rubber you burn off doing a simple burnout like that? How many miles are you taking off your tires? I'm getting NT05s put on tommorow and doubt I'll want to be doing any burnouts with them considering how soft they are...

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Nice burn out brother :guiness: well I have been doing similar burnouts on my NT05's I got like 5000 miles out of them so too answer your question as they wear down they get stickier also the hotter they get the better they perform for road course stuff...

·
Registered
630 Posts
I had fun with my F1's before I upgraded to real tires. I seal coated our church's parking lot. The pastor laughed his head off and then left with his '69 Chevelle S/S 396.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Nice. I should have done that with my F1's.

I replaced them last week with Toyo Proxes ST II. Awesome tires, huge change in the feel of the car.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
hahahaha..NICE! Love the sound of your car. This is how all old tires should be put to rest.

Jack

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Burn baby burn nice roasting

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Ugh, the cleanup. Haha can't say I won't be doin the same but I HATE cleaning that rubber off the back of these things. It just picks up so much of it so easily haha.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Geeeezzzz
I would love to leave a few burnouts with my Challenger Rt
But I am looking at a tradin for a 2012 Challenger Rt if they are out before years end....
Hummmmm 15,000 miles on the challenger and the tires still look good........................JQ

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Time for some burnouts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts