Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do chally fam? one of my headlights is going dim, and im pretty sure this means its time to change it out, but the dealer is talking about $230 for the bulb. i looked in the manual, it says i need HID D1S bulbs. can anyone point me in the direction of a good name brand bulb, plus a good company to purchase them from? i seen some on ebay, and amazon, but kinda skeptical. any in-put will be appreciated! thanx in advance.

·
Super Moderator
14,210 Posts
These bulbs sell for $90 for a two-pack from most sources (a discounted dealer price should be about $150). To save money, you can buy one Sylvania bulb for $39.35 on Amazon. However, I would recommend replacing both bulbs though because the color of the bulbs change as they age. Even if you were to put an OEM bulb in place and keep your old one, there would be a noticeable difference.

Sylvania D1S High Intensity Discharge (HID) Bulb, (Pack of 1) : Amazon.com : Automotive

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so basically any HID D1s bulb will work, most people are saying get the 6000K, cause its the most white light available. anything above it starts to turn blueish. thanx so much for the help CUDA……!

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Diode Dynamics one of the Sites sponsors has them. Get the 6000K. When you buy them you should change both. A little tricky however you can do it. I did it and figured out the way to easily replace the bulbs, If you need help please ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts