Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about removing the factory two-piece drive shaft and replaceing it with an aluminum one-piece unit from G-Force engineering. How much problem is this to accomplish? It was simple in the 70's when I had several Mopars but now I bet removing the OEM shaft is more involved and an X pipe exhaust will make snaking it into position harder. Once it's in, what have I gained? Quicker to react to throttle commands, less parasitic HP loss, smother feel when driving at part throttle?

Now when I part throttle stab it I feel a roughness or jerkiness like all the joints are loading up tight then rebounding, getting loose and tightening up again. I don't like that feeling. Tell me your feelings on this mod if you've done it and say if was it worth the money for you please.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Have had a DSS aluminum one piece in my 13 RT for years, no experience with gforce though. Installed myself on jack stands in the Arizona heat. Took quite a while being on my back but it’s not horrible. Plan on dropping the exhaust from midpipes back. Just makes it easier.
As for what it does, it sure does help responsiveness. There will not be that lag or wind up that you describe. Love it.

A downside: if you have the rear end clunk or plan on putting a built transmission in the car ever, it will make all of the shifts/clunk much more noticeable. I still daily drove the Challenger this way up until very recently. But I am a young guy very tolerant of those things and also daily drove the car with open headers with turndowns...

My 06 Daytona I just picked up will be getting one soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Newold. I'm going with G-Force because they are getting a good reputation and they are here in town. I hoped that I wouldn't have to drop the exhaust and the responsiveness is what I was looking for.

Since you've had it awhile and plan on buying another tells me you are happy with the one piece. I don't have a rear end clunk and I enjoy the snappy shifts. Will most likely install one when our hot weather cools down some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts