Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many have gone to 1 piece driveshaft? I don't like the total slop from trans output to differential input. Your thoughts please.:frown:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,849 Posts
Yo! I did a 4" one piece driveshaft and I love it! The barton, CVD, skip shift eliminator and the one piece make the M6 feel total connected to the rear. The next source of slop are the factory suspension and cradle bushings.

·
Premium Member
9,675 Posts
Yo! I did a 4" one piece driveshaft and I love it! The barton, CVD, skip shift eliminator and the one piece make the M6 feel total connected to the rear. The next source of slop are the factory suspension and cradle bushings.
What did the new shaft cost?
Do you have a sound clip of your cam?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Driveshaft was $880 shipped. Sorry but I don't have a cam installed...yet...leaning towards a HC cam. In my sig I posted the upgraded push rods I used that got rid of the valve train noise as I received PMs on the part numbers I used.

Where did you buy it from?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Been wanting to buy this too but wasn't sure how much it would cost for a reputable shop to do this for me. If anyone is taking this to a shop, do let us know how many hours this would take for installation and if they need to do any modifications to the exhaust line like most sites suggest for this... if it requires a modification, I might change my mind on doing this for now.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,849 Posts
Been wanting to buy this too but wasn't sure how much it would cost for a reputable shop to do this for me. If anyone is taking this to a shop, do let us know how many hours this would take for installation and if they need to do any modifications to the exhaust line like most sites suggest for this... if it requires a modification, I might change my mind on doing this for now.
Took me about 3 hours (took my sweet time) using only ramps on the rear tires and a handful of tools. Shop should be able to do it in an 2 hours. Actually the

Attachments

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Driveshaft was $899 shipped. Sorry but I don't have a cam installed...yet...leaning towards a HC cam. In my sig I posted the upgraded push rods I used that got rid of the valve train noise as I received PMs on the part numbers I used.
What part of Alabama you from Roll Tide

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Governors in jail

You win alabama has had 2 Bentley resigned but did not go to jail
but should have,
So you are the winner I was sure we had at least a tie
but they may still put him in jail.
So I started to bring up Nick Saban but off topic, Roll Tide

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,849 Posts
What part of Alabama you from Roll Tide
You win alabama has had 2 Bentley resigned but did not go to jail
but should have,
So you are the winner I was sure we had at least a tie
but they may still put him in jail.
So I started to bring up Nick Saban but off topic, Roll Tide
It's easy to be a winner when you live in a state that seems to churn out loser politicians.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Some seem to do it better than others...how many former governors in your state have gone to prison? :grin2:
No former Governors from here in Minnesota went to jail - that I am aware of..... but we did have a former pro rassler` once as Gov!! (Jesse Ventura)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts