Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2017 R/T the “one touch automatic windows” are only going down with one touch.
If I want to close the windows, I need to manually hold both buttons and wait for the slow annoying windows to close.
Aren’t they supposed to also go up with one touch?

·
Super Moderator
15,333 Posts
from '08 - '17 is auto down only function. Close is manual operation.

The '18s have auto up / down feature - but early builds don't have auto-up functionality

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nope. The 2018's are supposed to be auto up and down, but apparently it is late availability because my new T/A only works auto down like the 17 and back.

Lol Hal beat me to it.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Any help would be appreciated

On my 2017 R/T the “one touch automatic windows” are only going down with one touch.
If I want to close the windows, I need to manually hold both buttons and wait for the slow annoying windows to close.
Aren’t they supposed to also go up with one touch?
I encountered the same problem with my 2018 GT. My understanding is that ALL 2018 Challengers had one touch up/down windows. Mine go down with one touch but not up. I printed out a build sheet and it clearly states that my vin has the one touch up/down feature. I took it to where I bought it (about a month ago) and the service guys were stumped. They tried all kinds of stuff, they tried to resent them, they looked for a code, etc all to no avail. I leave the car there (I had a loaner because the radio needs to be replaced too) and come back a few hours later. The service advisor handed me a sheet from Dodge, also with my vin #, stating "option not available on this car".

Now we have a standoff. I gave them back the loaner because I didn't want to drive a Dodge Journey all weekend (although I was surprised by the fact that the Journey was not terrible) and I am going back when the new radio arrives. If anyone can point me to some definitive info regarding what is and isn't a standard feature on my 2018 GT I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my 2017 R/T the ?one touch automatic windows? are only going down with one touch.
Aren?t they supposed to also go up with one touch?
I encountered the same problem with my 2018 GT. My understanding is that ALL 2018 Challengers had one touch up/down windows. Mine go down with one touch but not up. I printed out a build sheet and it clearly states that my vin has the one touch up/down feature. I took it to where I bought it (about a month ago) and the service guys were stumped. They tried all kinds of stuff, they tried to resent them, they looked for a code, etc all to no avail. I leave the car there (I had a loaner because the radio needs to be replaced too) and come back a few hours later. The service advisor handed me a sheet from Dodge, also with my vin #, stating "option not available on this car".

Now we have a standoff. I gave them back the loaner because I didn't want to drive a Dodge Journey all weekend (although I was surprised by the fact that the Journey was not terrible) and I am going back when the new radio arrives. If anyone can point me to some definitive info regarding what is and isn't a standard feature on my 2018 GT I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
I?m trying to figure this out too. I?m looking to order and SRT and I?ve asked different dealerships and even called the SRT number and no one has an answer for me. They bumped the price of this car for what is supposed to include auto up/down feature. I read on another thread RS stated it?s a late model option. Haven?t been able to find his post stating that tho.

It?s in the manual pg 76 as a standard feature.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep unfortunately it is only auto down, not up on my 2017 RT+. I have the exact same issue and the dealer stated the same thing as above, 2018 models currently are the ones who have auto up and down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep unfortunately it is only auto down, not up on my 2017 RT+. I have the exact same issue and the dealer stated the same thing as above, 2018 models currently are the ones who have auto up and down.
Right that?s the odd thing. I?ve looked 2018 GT?s SRT?s and scat packs and none of them have the auto up feature in them. They are supposed to be standard options. Windows don?t even have the double click on the way up

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus and 2018 Charger GT Plus (GO MANGO ORANGE)
28 Posts
Why is it that my 09 Ram has auto up/down, but my 15 Challenger R/T Plus doesn't? Did the guy who invented it quit or get fired and took the secret with him, and its taken them this long to figure it out? Its annoying when I'm driving, shifting, and holding the steering wheel to reach over and hold a lever up for 6-10 seconds to bring the window up.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
When I open or close my windows and want to leave them in a partially open position, they never stop where I want them to the first time. It's annoying to have to hit the button two or three times to get the right gap in the window.

·
Super Moderator
15,333 Posts
You're probably aware there's a two-level switch to the windows -

Slight press will operate in manual mode, vs. full press that activates the auto-down.

FCA could have many the detent more noticeable in feel. My other car definitely has a more positive detent for the manual vs. auto up/down (full press) detent.

·
Registered
716 Posts
All that car and the focus is on the auto up?? C'mon guys, so much more to focus on!! Yea its annoying, but it is what it is. Now go drive the heck out of your car!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
All that car and the focus is on the auto up?? C'mon guys, so much more to focus on!! Yea its annoying, but it is what it is. Now go drive the heck out of your car!
Hells yeah. Take the windows out (un-necessary weight anyway). Weld the doors shut and drive it like you stole it.

That little bumble-bee cartoon on the UConnect screen does make cornering easier at speeds above 60 MPH....at least that's what I heard.

·
Super Moderator
15,333 Posts
I'd like to see someone contort themselves in/ out of the windows of today's Challenger.

Between the higher belt line and the shorter height of the window opening...

Back in Portland, after I lowered my '09 (2" lowering springs), some of the curbs downtown in the older areas were taller (and streets had more pronounced crown).

I was parked on a one-way with driver's side at the curb - had to climb over the console and out the passenger side door as the bottom of the door wouldn't clear the curb due to the tall curb and the angle the car was at...thankfully I'm on the lean side and could do it.

Not something I'd want to do very much - the '15+ console is taller yet that the earlier design.

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
Don't see any mention of Auto-Up Windows for 2019 so guess they gave up. :D

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts