Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Yeah, I really need to put them up for sale locally. Having some extra cash would always be nice, not to mention that they take up a lot of space in my very space-limited garage!

What would be a fair starting price for them? Remember - they only have about 6k miles on them... I guess I can put them on craigslist or something (Ebay doesn't seem like the best place to sell stuff "locally" without shipping)...

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah, I really need to put them up for sale locally. Having some extra cash would always be nice, not to mention that they take up a lot of space in my very space-limited garage!

What would be a fair starting price for them? Remember - they only have about 6k miles on them... I guess I can put them on craigslist or something (Ebay doesn't seem like the best place to sell stuff "locally" without shipping)...
Hell IDK, I’ve never been very good at pricing used stuff, cars or parts...

I would think listing for $500 and allowing someone to negotiate you down to $450 or $400 would get potential buyers interested...but I’m really no good at that sort of thing, so best to get a 2nd opinion.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,334 Posts

And remember they are +55 offset

A Guy

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
And remember they are +55 offset

A Guy
If that is some sort of thinly veiled reference to my last speeding ticket, I feel compelled to inform you it was NOT for 55 over, it was only 51 over.

I might be a scofflaw, but I’m no outlaw!

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
1,878 Posts
They are 235/55/R19 stock. When I downsized to 18" wheels, I went with 235/60/R18 tires in order to keep the overall size the same (or very close to it, at least) in order to keep speedometer and shift points the same...

In fact, I have an almost new set of 19" wheels with nice Michelin tires (~6k miles) on them sitting here that I need to get rid of! Sucks that I had to replace a perfectly good set of Michelin tires, but there aren't many options for 19" wheels out there and I just didn't like the design/color of the stock 19" wheels (don't like dark/black wheels).
I've got 18" wheels on mine that aren't black, although black would look good one mine too. I just didn't want that much black on my Shaker.

IMG_1120.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
1,878 Posts
18 x 295...

When I get around to drag radials, I'll go to 17" wheels with skinnies in front.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I do think wheel size is getting out of hand. 20" is not big anymore. I lost track, there are OEM 21 (or 22) from the factory, on trucks and SUV because that's only way to sharpen that handling.

On another note, are there more Worker's Comp claims at Discount Tires now? I recall when I upgraded by 13" to BIG 15" wheels. I tried rotating 19" and 20" wheels on my car. Honestly, it took a few trys to lift and line them up to the bolts. Not the like the old days where I can carry one wheel/tire on each hand. Now, I have to roll them over from left side to the right side.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
I do think wheel size is getting out of hand. 20" is not big anymore. I lost track, there are OEM 21 (or 22) from the factory, on trucks and SUV because that's only way to sharpen that handling.

On another note, are there more Worker's Comp claims at Discount Tires now? I recall when I upgraded by 13" to BIG 15" wheels. I tried rotating 19" and 20" wheels on my car. Honestly, it took a few trys to lift and line them up to the bolts. Not the like the old days where I can carry one wheel/tire on each hand. Now, I have to roll them over from left side to the right side.
My rear 20's are 315/35 when I remove them to clean them I just roll them out in to the driveway. They are monsters.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts