Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my car I downloaded the songs from my ipod. Out of 1600 songs less than 400 uploaded. What gives? Do they have to be a certain format?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't think songs from itunes can be uploaded from the ipod. Most of them are probably mp4. The songs that did up load are prob mp3. Also, the songs have to be put on the ipod as if the ipod is a flash drive. If they were put on using itunes software, you cannot do anything with those songs without itunes

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm having a similar issue. I load songs on to a mem. stick and when i try to load via "load from USB" it reads nothing to be loaded from USB??? I didn't check to see it the tunes i'm trying to load are from iTunes or not ??? i'll have to check.

That would just suck...! I've got some great tunes i wanna put on the hard drive and want to crank up!!!

I'm getting a little bit of a hissss through my iPod connection and it's only getting worse :(

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Any songs you purchased from iTunes will probably not upload because of the format. Apple is anal about there stuff and it will only play on an iPod. However, you can convert your AAC files (Apple) to mP3 and then upload them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks Jim I'll hav to look into it. I've got a lot of music from iTunes and if thats the case i'll have to correct that issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Jim - real quick, is there a fast way to convert multiple tunes from AAC to mP3 ??? Maybe on iTunes (yeah right?) or do i have to chenge them individually from looks like mP4 or AAC to mP3? File by file (that might suck ???)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hey Jim - real quick, is there a fast way to convert multiple tunes from AAC to mP3 ??? Maybe on iTunes (yeah right?) or do i have to chenge them individually from looks like mP4 or AAC to mP3? File by file (that might suck ???)
I've done batch conversions before in iTunes. I had a writeup for it, but essentially you have to change your default imported file type to MP3, select a bunch of files to convert, right click, and select the option for "Create MP3 Version". It'll process them on it's own. Just reload the new conversions to your ipOd or copy to your flash drive!

·
Registered
217 Posts
It also may be a DRM (digital rights management) issue, depending on how long you've had those songs and if you bought them from Apple. They used to have all of their downloads protected so they would only play on an iPod. You can see if that's the problem by viewing your music library in iTunes as a list (View/List) and check the column with the header "Kind". If the songs are categorized as "Protected AAC audio file" that's the problem. They won't play on anything but an iPod. (If the "Kind" column isn't showing, right click on the row with the other column headings and choose "Kind" from the menu.)

If it's a DRM issue, you can either buy the non-protected files from Apple or somewhere, or use one of these programs to do it or use the slower method of exporting the songs to a CD.

Apple finally got tired of people complaining (and going elsewhere to buy music) so they've removed the DRM from later downloads. That's why the price per song went up from 99¢ to $1.29. They want to make as much as they can from each song because they knew people would be copying them and handing them around.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
+1 what Cryo said!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Whelp, spent a lot of time sifting through the songs that didn't have the DRM issue and grabbed as many tunes as i could bare to convert. I'll do the transfer to CD on a rainy day when i have some time.

Thank you both for the info, it helped me out a lot and I've changed my iTunes to download via mP3 now and i'll see if that helps???

Thanks again guys,
Dizz

·
Registered
38 Posts
Whelp, found out i have 400+ songs that didn't make it to the hard drive. Like you both stated multi-conversions are possible, but if you hit one that can't, you have to select all over again. Good for a whole "album" CD, but not one song at a time. Just the same i divided up what i had 90-ish converted, 200-ish need to be burned back to cd. The 90 that actually convert, you have to go back into the music file and select the mP3 over the mP4, still kind of a pain, but oh well.
So i have my work cut out for me but when it's done i know better.

Thank you both again,
Diz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts