Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could only pick two, which would they be?

2013 Challenger R/T

2005 Crossfire SRT-6 , Supercharged V6, one year only, less than 2,500 ever produced.

1970 Ford Maverick, 2JZ Powered, tube chassis.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
The '13 R/T and the SRT-6 - muscle on one hand, and a sport/ luxury mix with the SRT6

If you're interesting in more track activity, the Maverick might displace the SRT6 Crossfire, IMO

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pondering this, I only have room for 2 of them. I just bought the SRT-6 a few weeks ago from an older gentleman, it is like a brand new car, only 20,000 original miles. I love that car, it's like a luxary go-cart.

I built the Maverick 8 years ago for Spectre Performance as a Power Tour car with the 2JZ drivetrain in it. They've since pretty much turned it into a racecar that is extremely streetable. It has Air Conditioning, stereo, etc. It is around 2,400 lbs. with around 600hp, pretty wicked ride. Anyways, I was given the opportunity yesterday to buy it at a deal before he puts it on the market.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,933 Posts
Get a Charger :D

A Guy

·
Registered
346 Posts
My first car was a 70 Maverick and I loved it. Good times in it >:). But after seeing that Crossfire I would have to say it and the Chally. :nerd:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
We have our 2010 Challenger R/T and a 2007 Honda S2000 in Silverstone with red/ black interior.
Both are performance cars but completely different.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Maverick and challenger. Mustangs are so played out, you never see built mavericks or comets. Hell if you only had room for one I'd keep the Ford, and I hate ford. That's a really cool and unique build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone, it's been a hard decision, but decided to keep the Crossfire and Challenger. Five years ago it would have been an easy decision, I would have sold the Crossfire and taken the Maverick. Now in our lives, we're raising two grandsons, so I don't make it out to very many car meets lately. The Maverick would likely just sit in the garage the majority of the time. With the Crossfire SRT6 being such a limited production car, I don't see it ever loosing value. 10 years from now, I don't see many people wanting a hot rodded Maverick.

This really is one badass car though. Runs and drives very tame with the Supra drivetrain, until you stick it, and all hell breaks loose.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
As far as the Crossfire, I had been looking for a prestine one for a long time, and I really lucked out finding this car. An older gentleman in Oklahoma City had it. He never drove it, his wife told him to sell it. I saw it on Craigslist the night that he listed it and told him I was interested. After talking to him and seeing pictures of it, I bought it sight unseen and had it shipped to Austin. It really is like a brand new car inside and out. He bought it in 2010 and the title showed 15,000 miles then, it has 20,700 miles now. He sold it to me for $15k.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Sorry I'm a little late to the table, but thought I'd chime in anyway.
I agree w/ you... I'd lose the old Maverick. Beautiful old car by the way. Impressive, even. Yeah, it's an old classic, and ya can do car shows w/it, but it's prolly never gonna be worth big $$s or be easy to sell for those big $$ because it's not the classic car that everybody wants to have. You know yourself that very few will go online trying to find a hot modded Maverick. The Crossfire is essentially a Mercedes R170, which was a fine car in its own right and something worth having and keeping. It does some things the Challenger can't do. Light, nimble, quick... The Mav, on the other hand, is more like a Challenger wanna-be. Kinda does a similar thing: goes quick in a straight line, not really built for lightweight, quick, or extreme handling.

Me? I have an 06 Mercedes SLK350, an 05 4cyl Caravan, and the SLT 392. I gotta make a similar decision. The Mercedes is going bye-bye... like your crossfire it's a blast to drive, but I'm never going to leave my beloved Challenger in the driveway so I can drive it. The minivan on the other hand? Perfect for picking up kids on rainy or muddy days, perfect for loading full of tools, etc. It's more useful, much cheaper, and a better second vehicle for me.

Hope that helps.

Gary

1 - 18 of 18 Posts