Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else thought about putting ONSTAR in their Challenger. This summer it will be available for any make car. Would like everybody's feedback on this subject. We will be able to buy it at BestBuy for $299. this summer but not sure if that includes installation. Everybody give me all your pros and cons.
Thanks in advance.
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Some of the things onstar can do, are very interesting. Like unlocking, detecting crash, etc.
These are the things that interest me. I don't know if this would be possible (to integrate) on an aftermarket basis. Hopefully I be wrong.

I see the upfront cost, then the yearly fee on top. For things like directions, finding an establishment of some kind, etc. I have a co-pilot already, :)
It's also great for tracking that teenager or spouse and remember it can tattle on you as well. (YES, there are pros and cons to everything)

You said you wanted view points, these are mine.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Personally I think it is way too expensive for what you get. They will not be able to unlock your car as it isn't a GM product. It isn't integrated with the car so that feature is only going to be available with GM products.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,734 Posts
Just a matter of time before big brother intercepts the data, uses it to track vehicle speeds and sends tickets to violaters via mail. A new program is currently being developed and will be initiated soon......
Don't worry:scared:, you'll know when you get your invitation to a court appearance lol.:bangin:

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
"Hi this is On-Star. I see that your at the Racetrack ...."

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,734 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
We had OnStar in our 2002 Yukon. At first it seemed great but it was too expensive. Then when analog cell service was discontinued, they didn't offer any upgrade path except to offer a $500 coupon on a new vehicle. Sorry we offer an upgrade for a 2003 but not the 2002 - buy a new vehicle.

Never again. The ability to pair most any cell phone you have for hands free is much better.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is some more information on what is promised.
The OnStar retail product offers the key features that have made OnStar’s “blue button” an icon, including Automatic Crash Response, Turn-by-Turn Navigation, Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance, one-button access to emergency and roadside services, and hands-free calling, including Bluetooth connectivity.
So what does everybody think of this. There are always two sides to every story, some love and some hate....please share.

·
Registered
779 Posts
"Hi this is On-Star. I see that your at the Racetrack ...."
Too true, check out this video @ 6:20 The corvette has OnStar and now has his GPS coordinates as he crashed into the wall.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I have OnStar on my Sierra Denali and love it. Well worth it. I worry about the SRT getting stolen. Would be nice to get it back before it's stripped or never found.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts