Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah, I'm a bit early, but I like to come prepared.

Here is the route I'll be taking to BG. If I remember correctly, Daddy Kool (Colin) is in Kingston, so we'll likely share the road for a good part of the trip.

I think a decent plan (for us, anyway) is to do the trip in 2 legs. Along the way, we could meet up with the GTA crew (SteveO, Val and Capt Albator) and Jay and all stop for rest somewhere in northern Ohio near Cleveland/Akron. For the GTA folks that would clear about 4 1/2 hours of driving, leaving about 8 hours the next day.

From Ohio, we could trek down with Mopar408, Hemiwoman and blu04srt4, picking up lakersfan along the way.

Tentative schedule (subject to change)

Thursday April 28
- 7:00am toofart leaves Ottawa
- 8:00 meet up with Daddy Kool
- 2:00pm meet up in Buffalo with GTA crew (where?)
- 5:00pm arrive at Hampton Inn, checking, drink one beer (ok, maybe two)

Friday April 29
- 8:59 GTA crew pulls into Hampton Inn
- 9:00am depart Hampton Inn area with GTA crew in tow :)
- 9:45 Meet with Hemiwoman/Ohio crew
I71, I76, RT 224W
- 12:45? Stop and meet with lakersfan at Jeffersonville rest area which is actually about 35-40 minutes south of Columbus
- arrive at BG approx 6:00pm ?

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
This is the route I follow ( been to Cincy and Newport quite a few times), so will work well for us from eastern Ontario. Provided my son has finished his exams he'll be joining us with my Ram 2500 in case the Strip Gods demand a parts sacrifice. Maybe the gang from GTA can hook up with us at Buffalo?

5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Buffalo would be a good rendez-vous spot with the Torontonians.

I'll be borrowing a friends' RAM and trailering down. I want to be free to beat the crap out of my car knowing it will come back.

Is Summit racing still in Akron? :browsmiley:

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Yes Summit Racing is is still in Akron. Exit 29, I-76 East. Open 9-9 7days a week. 10 minutes from my house. Great place to visit. Has plenty of parking and room for trailers to park.

Route looks good. We could all meet at at I-76 & I-71 interchange.

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
OK everyone what did I miss? The last post I saw was that they closed the spring challengerfest thread because it was canceled. So has someone picked it up, like Speedy? Link me to the thread or someone enlighten me on the dates

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey TF. I have no problem hooking up with your crew in Ohio. My only goal is to be in BG by dinner. I plan on leaving Toronto at 5 am. Don't exactly know what time I will be in Cleveland. I plan 120 kmh and MDS.

What say you eh? :pimp:

StevoHemi

5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll let the Ohio crew chime in as to what time they want to leave in the AM. I'd like to be in BG late afternoon as well, in time for dinner.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Yes, Buffalo would be a good rendez-vous spot with the Torontonians.

I'll be borrowing a friends' RAM and trailering down. I want to be free to beat the crap out of my car knowing it will come back.

Is Summit racing still in Akron? :browsmiley:
I'm about an hour from Buffalo, and it's not too far out of my way to swing by there - that would be a great rendezvous for our group. I'd love to drive with a caravan of Challengers to Bowling Green - that would be a great experience in and of itself.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
It is about a 7 hr drive to Bowling Green from I-76&I-71 interchange south of Cleveland, barring any traffic tie ups in Cincinnati or Columbus.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Subscribing. Although I'm not far away, I'll stop in Cleveland with y'all.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Need a Day and time you will be going thru Cincinnati... I live just 10 min south.

you traveling thru on thursday or friday

I may join you on the road down....

5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've put up a tentative on the first post. Let me know if I'm in left field.

Colin: where would you want to meet up? Where do you usually stay in the Cleveland area?

·
Registered
446 Posts
This makes sense to me. I need to nail down what time I can leave. I may be flying back into Cleveland on Friday morning from Phoenix. If that is the case, I may not be able to caravan. I'll keep ya posted guys.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Challengerfest II

Hi ya TF.

My room is booked. How much time would it take to drive from Buffalo to where you would be staying in Cleveland? I see you are leaving at 8 at the latest. I think I will have to leave at 4 am to get to you by 8 am.

StevoHemi :sleep:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
This is the route I follow ( been to Cincy and Newport quite a few times), so will work well for us from eastern Ontario. Provided my son has finished his exams he'll be joining us with my Ram 2500 in case the Strip Gods demand a parts sacrifice. Maybe the gang from GTA can hook up with us at Buffalo?
Didn't know you were that far east DK? Somehow I thought Toronto.

Hey TF. I have no problem hooking up with your crew in Ohio. My only goal is to be in BG by dinner. I plan on leaving Toronto at 5 am. Don't exactly know what time I will be in Cleveland. I plan 120 kmh and MDS.

What say you eh? :pimp:

StevoHemi
I'll probably need to leave by 3 am. Steve, I could meet you along one of the exits on the QEW.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts