Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my halos from AAC this weekend. Everything looks great, except I can't get the multi-function remote to work with them. As I did the two-color halos (white & red), I don't think the multi-function remote has a way of turning just one or the other on. When finished, both colors would come on at the same time but there was no way for me to get just the white or red on. Unless there is some programming trick I'm unaware of, I think I need to exchange the multi-function remote for a multi-channel remote. Thoughts?

Separate of both being on, I think there were other problems. The buttons on the remote seemed to do different things at different times, then the lights came on and I could only get them off by pulling the fuse. I'll contact AAC tomorrow to work out the kinks.

The install itself wasn't as bad as I thought (I did the Black Chrome grill surround at the same time, pictures coming), Dark Matter is almost complete!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
well hope you get it worked out and then post up some pics

·
Registered
607 Posts
Cant wait to see the pics, plan on doing this very soon. If you dont mind me asking, what was the cost of everything. If I take it to them in New Orleans, they said I can get out of there for around ~$650, estimate though. Just wanted to see what it cost you to ship and have it done that way. Thanks man! Again, cant wait to see some pics Im gonna love being able to see it on another Brilliant Black SE!

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - that kind of confirms what I thought, they have a different remote (RGB or Multi-channel), I don't think the multi-function will work with two colors.

As for the cost, I only did my foglights, and it was pretty cheap. Remote was around...$55, I think? And the two-color LED halos were around $130 or so. Taking the clip off wasn't hard, there are numerous posts on that. Cutting the lights in half and then re-gluing and sealing was scary, but again, not hard.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Thanks - that kind of confirms what I thought, they have a different remote (RGB or Multi-channel), I don't think the multi-function will work with two colors.

As for the cost, I only did my foglights, and it was pretty cheap. Remote was around...$55, I think? And the two-color LED halos were around $130 or so. Taking the clip off wasn't hard, there are numerous posts on that. Cutting the lights in half and then re-gluing and sealing was scary, but again, not hard.
Well even though I can suture, start I.V.'s, insert tracheal airways etc I think I will pass on that mod...hands would be shaking too much LOL

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha!

That's why I took a very fine band saw blade, lined everything up perfectly...and made my brother cut the lights :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just talked to AAC (extremely helpful company, by the way). Confirmed that only one color can work on the multi-function remote, the other will need a switch...but instead of that, they are going to send me their brand-new multi-color, multi-function remote kit. Hopefully will have it in a week or so.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Sweet, glad they helped you out. I think I will be letting them do the install haha. Not the best with doing these cutting and gluing mods myself.

You think you could post a pic with the lights on? Maybe during the day and at night? I would really like to see how they look. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, no problem - as soon as I get the new remote hook up I'll even try to post a video or two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts