Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got a chance this summer to take my car out on the track. Overall the day went pretty well except the camera kept randomly turning off. I really need to get better at heel/toe and some dedicated track tires for my next session.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Nice quality video. Was it you who was having overheating problems on track? If so, did you get them sorted out? Also, what tires are you running.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and yes, I was having terrible brake fade and overheating problems last year. Everything worked out great on Sunday, no warning lights, no coolant smell.

My oil temps hit between 275-285°F on average at the end of each session. Ambient temperature was between 85-95F. I ran two back to back sessions with very little cool down at the end of the day and had my oil hit 295°F, but still didn't have any coolant boiling. I added a Mishimoto racing radiator, Stopetech 6 piston/4 piston brakes with racing pads, flushed my fluid with JEGS Dot 4 579 and added a Charger Pursuit EHPS cooler. I never boiled my brake fluid and only started to experience slight fade on the very last session where I went on back to back runs. I am running Nitto Invos 245/275. I don't really care for them, although they give pretty good feedback when they are about to give.

At the end of the day, I think the suspension did a pretty good job but I need to put on a sticker wider tire when money allows for it and to add camber plates (245 is just way too small).

Reactions: BlackHemi41

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Track days can be addictive lol. We're the fat lady out there but lots of mods you can do (as funds allow) to really improve your times. 285 Conti. Extreme Sports on all fours and lowering cut 5 seconds off my personal best so far. Have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thinking of getting PILOT SPORT CUP 2 265/35ZR20 (10.1" tread width) for the back and 245/35ZR20 for the front (8.8" tread width) Wondering if they're too wide for my setup though; I have 8.5 front / 9.5 rear and I don't want them to feel sloppy by having too big of a tire.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Thinking of getting PILOT SPORT CUP 2 265/35ZR20 (10.1" tread width) for the back and 245/35ZR20 for the front (8.8" tread width) Wondering if they're too wide for my setup though; I have 8.5 front / 9.5 rear and I don't want them to feel sloppy by having too big of a tire.

I’d go with 245/45 in front and 275/40 rear. Both same diameter.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the size of my Invos. I can't find a track tire in that size.

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,287 Posts
Whats the difference between 245/40/20 to a 385/45/20

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,624 Posts
Assuming you mean to a 245/45/20 to a 285/40/20?

A Guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts