Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For kicks, I put in an app for a 21" Hellraisin Scat. Monthly a little higher but not a lot. Basically a stripper.

21' Scat:

Torred 5.7 19' T/A :

I like my T/A just fine. Do miss the Scat I hit a deer with (pre-collision of course lol)

Link to new:

·
Registered
‘20 Scat M6 50th anniversary (smoke show)
21 Posts
You can get a new scat with allot more options for the same as that sticker price, don’t sell yourself short. Don’t settle, get the options you really want. Just my opinion e

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Challenger SXT AWD
217 Posts
Tough call. I really think the T/A is a cool package but 485hp is really cool too.
This. However, I’d lean Scat Pack if it had Dynamics package.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’d go Scat if you can swing the extra $$$.
The power difference is big, Hellraisin is a way cool 😎 color and the cars are remarkably well equipped and comfortable in base form.
Hmmm 🤔... maybe I’ll buy it. 😁

·
Premium Member
10,367 Posts
Either way it’s a Challenger and a cool car (yours) at that. Why go deeper in debt? If it was a cash purchase then sure why not, if you have to make payments I say no.
I thought about more toys but all mine are paid for so I just bought my daughter a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited instead. That rainy day still may come and who doesn’t want to be ready for it?
We are still living in unsure times.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm, food for thought. I don't have any other vices, so money isn't an issue. I just don't like the idea of a car payment higher than my mortgage payment.

There's a fair possibility they might have sold it out from under me anyways. Spoke with the salesman and hes not sure if the car is still on the lot.

I’d go Scat if you can swing the extra $$$.
The power difference is big, Hellraisin is a way cool 😎 color and the cars are remarkably well equipped and comfortable in base form.
Hmmm 🤔... maybe I’ll buy it. 😁
Early bird gets the worm. I'd not get angry if you swooped in :p

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
672 Posts
I would be hesitant to add any more debt these days. My Challenger, my wife's Charger, our house, other debts are all paid off. When I bought my first car with a sticker price of $30,000, it was almost a shock to my system. Most of the houses I have lived in cost a good bit less than that. Still, if you can financially justify the cost of the upgrade, and afford it....

·
Premium Member
10,367 Posts
I would be hesitant to add any more debt these days. My Challenger, my wife's Charger, our house, other debts are all paid off. When I bought my first car with a sticker price of $30,000, it was almost a shock to my system. Most of the houses I have lived in cost a good bit less than that. Still, if you can financially justify the cost of the upgrade, and afford it....
My property taxes alone are $2100 per month, fortunately the house is paid for but I still want to get out of here. There’s no upside in that cost.
When I bought the house, the mortgage and taxes were $1400 combined, times are getting crazier and prices will never go down.
There’s nothing more comforting than having money in the bank.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
My property taxes alone are $2100 per month, fortunately the house is paid for but I still want to get out of here. There’s no upside in that cost.
When I bought the house, the mortgage and taxes were $1400 combined, times are getting crazier and prices will never go down.
Wow, that's crazy for property tax. I guess things are different around the country. Our rental home, nice little 1,100sqft house on a 9,000sqft lot is $1,600 a year.

Our primary home, 2,900sqft on a 8,700sqft lot with a view of the Columbia River is $3,500 a year.

I can't imagine $2,100 a month in tax.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,905 Posts
Holy Cow, $2100 per month!

Shoot, I'm not happy about coughing up $1250 property taxes to the emperor. And that's a year.

Small town living in MO is even better than I thought!

I hate car payments, and haven't had one in 15 years. I don't finance toys, and with the world as it sits today, I'm really glad that I'm debt free.

·
Registered
62 Posts
R/T vs Scat Pack is not the issue based on the comments above. Seems considering property tax cost is the issue. Given that, contact your local tax assessor.

·
Premium Member
10,367 Posts
R/T vs Scat Pack is not the issue based on the comments above. Seems considering property tax cost is the issue. Given that, contact your local tax assessor.
The R/T 5.7 is a plenty capable car, the extra horsepower of a 6.4 is nice but after owning one for 9 years, I could easily enjoy owning the 5.7 just as much. I’d also have the almost $14,000 difference still in my bank account.

Reactions: Charles 236

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,367 Posts
Please tell me that was a typo, and you meant $2100 a year.
Nope, the yearly amount currently is $25,200, they were $4900 when I bought the house in 1994.
I could buy a new Challenger every two years and keep it to show something for that money.
On the bright side some In my town pay way more.
Now back to happy car content.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts