Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently relocated back to DFW area. This will be my 3rd time living here, so I am not foreign to the traffic issues. However, this time I am in the Keller area and NOT in the North Dallas/Plano/Frisco mess for a change.

With this said, I am currently looking at New and Used Chally's and was wondering the following: Would I be totally miserable and regret a 6MT living here instead of the 8A?

One caveat, I am not totally married to needing a 2015 + for the redesigned interior. It is very nice, but part of me likes the simpler interior of the earlier cars. But in the earlier cars I have not heard great things about the 5 speed auto, so I would be inclined to get a manual in those, but would prefer the 8A in the newer ones.

Another potential pitfall, I do not have a job yet as the wife's job prompted the move back down here, so I am not sure where the work commute will take me when the time comes. If I get something lined up in the Alliance Freeway / Grapevine area, the manual may not be a big deal. But if I end up working back in Plano, then that might an issue.

So I am just looking for opinions and the potential pain-in-the-ass factor if I go the manual route.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
61 Posts
I love my 6m, but live in the country. if it was me I would get a 6m and a beater to drive to work. cant imagine driving an auto all the time. hope all works out for you.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Tough call. I live in Flower Mound and commute to Irving daily for work, and the traffic is a *****. If I get a Challenger, I WANT the 6M, but I know it will be a PITA as a daily driver here. The traffic here really blows.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hear you on traffic keep us posted my mother in law lives in flower mound

·
Registered
415 Posts
I live in Frisco and work in Irving. I have a 6m and it's my daily driver, even on the ice days. Cammed and all I wouldn't have an auto.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would get the manual if your knees can take it.

Me, I'm 57, and my knees are fair, but after two hours on a tractor, and how they feel, I decided on the auto.

The 8 speed is really cool with the paddle shifters. I'm still working on a hole shot where I can hit second before the rev limiter hits. It's all fun!

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Go auto as its best in both street and strip in this day and age.

No offense to you manual diehards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
SKULLNUTZ
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing