Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a Redeye dual snorkel hood to put on my 19' T/A. I'd have it painted to match the current matte black, of course. Just not sure it would look as good as the iconic hood that pays tribute to the original 70's one.

VS.

·
Registered
16,216 Posts
If you could find a satin Hellcat hood you wouldn't even have to paint it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
i say it looks good ,besides the t/a doesn't have a real t/a hood its actually resembles a cuda aar hood .what about buying an actual t/a hood?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
I prefer the Hellcat hood. I saw a Red widebody Hellcat with satin hood, roof, and trunk yesterday. It looked real good

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
Looking to buy a Redeye dual snorkel hood to put on my 19' T/A. I'd have it painted to match the current matte black, of course. Just not sure it would look as good as the iconic hood that pays tribute to the original 70's one. View attachment 1003232

VS.

View attachment 1003233
Does the RedEye dual snorkel hood retain the functional factory air intake setup that the T/A has?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the RedEye dual snorkel hood retain the functional factory air intake setup that the T/A has?
Apparently, it does, according to this youtube clip of a guy swapping one in on his R/T that has CAI.

Hmmm, if I pull the trigger, and get the new hood, I'll be sure to post it for sale here, NW PA area, near Erie.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's what's considered a fair price for the T/A hood and air duct kit? Zero damage on the hood, has less than 10,000 mi on it.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,433 Posts
Looking to buy a Redeye dual snorkel hood to put on my 19' T/A. I'd have it painted to match the current matte black, of course. Just not sure it would look as good as the iconic hood that pays tribute to the original 70's one. View attachment 1003232

VS.

View attachment 1003233
Instead of keeping the dual scoop hood all matte black when swapped over, what about making the scoops the same red as what’s on the car’s now? Or leaving the scoops black and making the hood surrounding the scoops the same body color red?

If I weren’t on my phone I’d try to photoshop what I’m talking about and attach here to illustrate what I’m talking about...

Anyway, the dual scoop hood would look good, I’m just wondering if there is a way to breakup all that black with some body color and have it look badass still.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I bought my T/A hood fir $850 New from Steve White Dodge. They are a supporting vendor here. With that said I had to source Hood Squirters, and the center scoop insert, and flame retardant for the hood. All of this adds up, yours will come with all of this already installed. Keep that in mind. Plus those hoods are hard to find right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts