Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys was thinking about getting a vanity plate for the car - not an in your face one but maybe a little more subtle (not sure I'll even go with one). Can I get your guys feedback on the choices below - let me know which one you guys like the best.

USMOPAR
SPAK392
Lisbeth - I always refer to my challenger as Lisbeth after my wife Elizabeth - but that doesn't mean I want it on the plate.

Let me know what you guys like - much appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
9,681 Posts
I’d go with something like ud lose or 2 fst 4u etc.
not anything that is an advertisement for Chrysler, why pay to say it’s a mopar or a 392, anyone who knows cars already knows what it is and about.
When I walk a car show I enjoy seeing how clever car guys are in getting a message across.
Someone here was considering SRT 392, it’s already written on the car so not anything new there.
It’s your money, do as you wish.

Reactions: Clevetown

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I'm with Yellow Jacket on repeating stuff that's already obvious on the car. Also, since that plate is yours FOREVER....if you want it, consider what would happen if you wanted to keep it for the next car, which might not be a SCATPACK or even a MOPAR. I saw a plate that said "99ALERO" on a 2015 Honda van the other day. If you must have a vanity plate, make it for YOU....not the car. Cars have no vanity, only people do.

There was a nice recent thread on this subject. At the risk of being repetitous. Check this out.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f19/vanity-plate-228121/

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about SCAT392?
I did try that one but someone in MI already has it!! Hence I tried SPAK392 and that was available. I kind of like the USMOPAR but I'll probably just go with whatever the state wants to give me! Vanity plates - just not sure how I feel about them - I hate the idea of being vain!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I did try that one but someone in MI already has it!! Hence I tried SPAK392 and that was available. I kind of like the USMOPAR but I'll probably just go with whatever the state wants to give me! Vanity plates - just not sure how I feel about them - I hate the idea of being vain!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts
If you can't get the plate you want, might as well get a consecutive plate. I wanted the legacy plate, and personalized cost the same as consecutive, so went that route. Amazing how many choices were gone. Was actually happy to get 2O16 SXT. A Guy

·
Super Moderator
14,221 Posts
How about 392Bee or 392Stinger?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you can't get the plate you want, might as well get a consecutive plate. I wanted the legacy plate, and personalized cost the same as consecutive, so went that route. Amazing how many choices were gone. Was actually happy to get 2O16 SXT. A Guy
Guy your lucky you can still get an old school black license plate in Cali - used to have those here in MI but not anymore. It would be my choice for sure. Did I tell you I'm a fan of black?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I tried 22A321W.

It got denied due to vulgarity, but literally a week after I got that letter, I see this.

Because decapitation is more family friendly than "ass" spelled backwards and with numbers.

SMFH.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I tried 22A321W.

It got denied due to vulgarity, but literally a week after I got that letter, I see this.

Because decapitation is more family friendly than "ass" spelled backwards and with numbers.

SMFH.
In case you haven't noticed, you live in a state where common sense and logic are even more scarce that normal for government entities.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
In case you haven't noticed, you live in a state where common sense and logic are even more scarce that normal for government entities.
Oh, I've noticed alright.

I'm counting the days to when I can finally leave.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Well, my state (PA) isn't a whole lot better. Highest gasoline tax in the country, and the shittiest roads and bridges. But we do respect God and the Second Amendment (remember we're the ones clinging to our guns and Bibles, as one former President famously stated), and the tech and medical companies have all located them selves in low-tax communities outside the highly taxed counties where Philly and Pittsburgh are. That being said.....I'd rather live in Texas.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, my state (PA) isn't a whole lot better. Highest gasoline tax in the country, and the shittiest roads and bridges. But we do respect God and the Second Amendment (remember we're the ones clinging to our guns and Bibles, as one former President famously stated), and the tech and medical companies have all located them selves in low-tax communities outside the highly taxed counties where Philly and Pittsburgh are. That being said.....I'd rather live in Texas.
Left Illinois as its probably the most corruptly run government I know - City is bankrupt and all they can do is raise your taxes and protect illegal immigrants. And there gun laws - ridiculous. They have disarmed the law abiding citizens and its a war zone - just look at the number of shootings, on a weekend alone! No I live now in MI where everyone likes to drive fast, roads are fantastic - at least on the west side - Grand Rapids area (unlike the Detroit side) and our law enforcement is a huge fan of the 2nd amendment. For instance, in this state, as a concealed carry permit holder, should I come across a women being beaten and raped - I am compelled by the state to come to her aide. In IL if someone is inside your home robbing you - you by law have to retreat to the furthest point in your house before using deadly force. In MI the cops will tell you to shoot the guy if he's jimmying you lock and then drag him inside and call them. Love where I live!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts
Guy your lucky you can still get an old school black license plate in Cali - used to have those here in MI but not anymore. It would be my choice for sure. Did I tell you I'm a fan of black?
Oh yeah, 1st time I saw the black plate on a newish car I thought how the heck did the manage that? I thought it was an original. Even if you'd kept a car since the plates were black, so often you'd have gotten the blue and gold as replacements at some point.

Eh, black is overrated >:)

A Guy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts