Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:notallthere: Please let me know what you think. I searched everywhere for a new style block lettering Challenger emblem (like the front grill insert), but could only find the retro script style. Really didn't want to go custom and spend the $$$$$. The front grill insert has too much black to be rigged for a white car. I like johnnyg's idea of adding the 392 HEMI to the rear spoiler, but prefer to have "Challenger" there instead. Plus my 392HEMI plates are on order.

So, what do you think??? Sometimes I really like it and sometimes not so much. The pictures don't show it well, but the Challenger emblem face is chrome. What should I do? :notallthere:

1. Leave it as is. Looks good! Nice touch.
2. Remove the 392 and leave the Challenger on
3. Remove and go with 392 HEMI
4. Remove and keep searching for the modern letter Challenger or go custom.
5. Remove and leave it blank.

Your opinions are appreciated !

Attachments

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
it doesnt look bad

if it were my car id choose 392 HEMI instead

did any Dodge's from 1970 say the engine size on the back fender?

i think they only said RT, so your bucking the retro look!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it doesnt look bad

if it were my car id choose 392 HEMI instead

did any Dodge's from 1970 say the engine size on the back fender?

i think they only said RT, so your bucking the retro look!
Thanks for the feedback! Not sure if any Dodge's from the 70's had engine size back there. Will search when time permits. If not, 392 HEMI bucks the retro look as well. Curious what others think. Was at the dealer a little while ago picking up Mopar goodies and the guys in the shop loved it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
It doesn't look too bad at all. My fav still is the 392 HEMI emblem there though.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
It looks great. I'm getting the 392HEMI plates also and I'm debating on what to put there as well. I ordered a set of 392 Hemi hood emblems (chrome/red) for the hood but I think that's a lil overkill since the 392Hemi emblem is on the fender. I don't think fender and hood would look good. What do you all think? I might just put one of these in the spoiler instead. Opinions? Oh...I just got my windows tinted and I love how it turned out. Gives the beast a meaner look.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
... I searched everywhere for a new style block lettering Challenger emblem (like the front grill insert), but could only find the retro script style. Really didn't want to go custom and spend the $$$$$. The front grill insert has too much black to be rigged for a white car. !
RockSRT8 - not sure if this will help but I have found chrome letters in the very very very close font to the new Challenger emblem on the front. You can see that I have it on the driverside rear of my car. On the silver it can blend into the paint in some lighting... but I think it would stand out on white.

I got the letters from Chrome Letters and Numbers and it is their italic chrome and they are just over 1" high.
Italic Chrome Letters, Car Letters, Car Decals, Automotive Letters

If you order them, you have to make a few adjustments:
1. don't buy the "N" - buy a "U" and then turn it upside down
2. Dont buy an "A" - buy another "U" and a "-" (hyphen); turn the "U" upside down, trim the length of the hyphen and use it as the cross bar for the "A"

I think it looks pretty good and it works if you want to keep the new font on the car. Since mine has the new font Challenger on the passenger side and the R/T on the drivers side of the front grill; I decided to swap that setup on the back. With the '70's the script Challenger and R/T are together on the drivers side on the front grill and on the passenger side of the back, I figure now I have the 2000's look front and back.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
what about some 392 emblems on the roof?

when the police helicopters are chasing you it would be nice to show them what size engine you have wouldnt it?

sometimes less is more

go ahead and stick the HEMI 392 on the back fender, but id call it quits there...i wouldnt do the hood also....its on the fenders right where a muscle car should have them...people see the SRT8 on the back fender...enough said!...a fan will know what you have and the average person will say 'what does 392 mean'

·
Registered
353 Posts
Not too shabby. However, I prefer the 392 Hemi as well. Hopefully mine will be in soon. I'll be going that route.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I think it looks cheesy when you start sticking emblems on cars that weren't originally there. I've seen people sticking emblems on spoilers, the sides of the console, the dash, door panels, hood, quarters etc and most always I think it looks stupid.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think it looks cheesy when you start sticking emblems on cars that weren't originally there. I've seen people sticking emblems on spoilers, the sides of the console, the dash, door panels, hood, quarters etc and most always I think it looks stupid.

I think it only looks cheesy when it's overdone. Adding a 392 Hemi Emblem to the spoiler looks like it belongs there.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks fellas! Not surprising opinions are varied and that's great. More positive then negative too. Think I'm going to keep it there and leave my options open for now. Not too difficult to debadge. I do really like the 392 HEMI there but with my plates saying the same, I'm not going that route.

Not too shabby. However, I prefer the 392 Hemi as well. Hopefully mine will be in soon. I'll be going that route.
I think it only looks cheesy when it's overdone. Adding a 392 Hemi Emblem to the spoiler looks like it belongs there.
Thanks, Stoned. Post up pics after your install... and I agree !

It doesn't look too bad at all. My fav still is the 392 HEMI emblem there though.
Thanks, man!

I would like to see it on the passenger side
Thanks and I know.. like the 70's Chally. Problem is the SRT8 emblem is there and it's partly recessed into the spoiler, so that's not an option for me.

It looks good. Definitely answers the question, "What the heck was that roaring blur that went by?"
LOL and thanks for the feedback ! :burnout:

It looks great. I'm getting the 392HEMI plates also and I'm debating on what to put there as well. I ordered a set of 392 Hemi hood emblems (chrome/red) for the hood but I think that's a lil overkill since the 392Hemi emblem is on the fender. I don't think fender and hood would look good. What do you all think? I might just put one of these in the spoiler instead. Opinions? Oh...I just got my windows tinted and I love how it turned out. Gives the beast a meaner look.
Thanks, robo ! Nice plate choice as well. I definitely think that the 392 HEMI on the hood in addition to the fenders is overkill. Suggest going with the spoiler if anything. One option would be to remove the 392 HEMI from the fenders and replace with the script Challenger emblems like many have, but I really like the way the 392 HEMI looks on the fenders as is. Wish I could do tint as well, but illegal here. It was very tempting when I had my black Jeep SRT8 Good luck!

RockSRT8 - not sure if this will help but I have found chrome letters in the very very very close font to the new Challenger emblem on the front. You can see that I have it on the driverside rear of my car. On the silver it can blend into the paint in some lighting... but I think it would stand out on white.

I got the letters from Chrome Letters and Numbers and it is their italic chrome and they are just over 1" high.
Italic Chrome Letters, Car Letters, Car Decals, Automotive Letters

If you order them, you have to make a few adjustments:
1. don't buy the "N" - buy a "U" and then turn it upside down
2. Dont buy an "A" - buy another "U" and a "-" (hyphen); turn the "U" upside down, trim the length of the hyphen and use it as the cross bar for the "A"

I think it looks pretty good and it works if you want to keep the new font on the car. Since mine has the new font Challenger on the passenger side and the R/T on the drivers side of the front grill; I decided to swap that setup on the back. With the '70's the script Challenger and R/T are together on the drivers side on the front grill and on the passenger side of the back, I figure now I have the 2000's look front and back.

Chuck
Thanks for the info. Chuck. Wow, you did a heck of a job with those block letters. Looks great and A+ for creativity. :bigthumb: Bet it was really hard to get all 10 letters on straight! I bookmarked that site and that is definitely something I may consider.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:thumbsup:
SWEET !!! :bigthumb: :bigthumb: Did you use the "Chrome Letters and Numbers" site as well and customize or did you get yours somewhere else?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have to agree w/aarcuda to a point, not that I think its cheesy just not my cup of tea. I would leave it as it came from the factory. I'm not a big emblem fan. I may actually end up removing the 392 from the fenders on mine. I'll decide when and if the car ever gets shipped.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks great. It is your car, and ultimately you going to do what you like. I think it looks great even though I wouldn't put it on my car.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Leave it, It looks great and you will be the only one to have it!
I am putting on a reverse C stripe from Challenger gary on my 2011 GWE SRT.
I am considering the Carbon black fiber rear spoiler, but am undecided?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Leave it, It looks great and you will be the only one to have it!
I am putting on a reverse C stripe from Challenger gary on my 2011 GWE SRT.
I am considering the Carbon black fiber rear spoiler, but am undecided?
Thanks, AK907. I bet the carbon fiber spoiler would look sweet on a GWE !

Looks great. It is your car, and ultimately you going to do what you like. I think it looks great even though I wouldn't put it on my car.
Thanks, man. Appreciate it.

I have to agree w/aarcuda to a point, not that I think its cheesy just not my cup of tea. I would leave it as it came from the factory. I'm not a big emblem fan. I may actually end up removing the 392 from the fenders on mine. I'll decide when and if the car ever gets shipped.
Appreciate the feedback. Hope you get her soon.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I love the 392 Challenger, but I don't care for the 392 fender badge, I'd remove it.
On the rear spoiler, if you must keep it on, the 392 is a little too much, IMO.

Get a pair of "392 HEMI" MoPower badges for the hood scoops - more retro.

Get "D" "O" "D" "G" "E" letters for the hood - just like the '70 Challenger

1 - 20 of 24 Posts