Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a used R/T 6mt with <55k on the clock but 4 owners. Good price but is 5-1/2 hours away. Red flags going off mentally but don’t want to miss out on a potentially good deal. Clean Carfax just seems like a lotta turnover. Things to look out for?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I wouldn’t be overly concerned. It’s worth a look.

Lots of people buy cars like this to cruise on the weekend and take the kids for ice cream, myself included. Many buy as a second vehicle/toy.

Take it for a spin. Get it up to speed and go through all the gears. If it drives nice I wouldn’t be that worried about the turn over.

If you have any concerns after the drive, walk away. Lots of nice low mileage challengers out there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Go ahead and check it out, I'm the 3rd owner of my 14 R/T and it just turned 18K. At some point I'll be tossing new looking tires,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To further muddy the waters, have found a few more that have caught my eye. Found a 1-owner 2010 SRT8 with same miles. The 2013 has the Super Track Pak and Customer Preferred Package 27M. Aside from the different engine, I think the options of the 2013 put it close to being on par with the SRT8. Am I correct in that assessment? The 2013 R/T Classic ask is $17.5k, the 2010 SRT8 ask is $20k. Both are black exterior (which I don't really prefer after having several black cars, they look great when first washed then like $h!t every other day). The 2013 has the two-tone red/gray interior which I think is pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Clean carfax doesn't mean anything. A lot of times it's wrong, not updated, or doesn't cover all repairs.

5.5 hour drive? I'd pass, but that's my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts