Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. I daily a 2019 R/T with the 5.7 and I've been looking around at different intakes. It seems a hellcat box is the way to go for "performance", but seeing as this isn't a track car and the gains are minimal at most, it really doesn't fit what I'm looking for.

I'd like to get something that would make more intake noise and not be muffled by the stock air box, but I'm aware that the seals on some of these aftermarket boxes don't actually seal the hot air from getting in. Has anyone installed one of these aftermarket CAI units where the intake noise is actually noticeable under load where the temps aren't impacted negatively?

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,580 Posts
I had a K&N CAI on mt 2010 R/T and have the HC box on my 2016 SP. To me they sound similar, a little more growl over stock. Air intake temps are lower with the HC box than a CAI

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Hi, everyone. I daily a 2019 R/T with the 5.7 and I've been looking around at different intakes. It seems a hellcat box is the way to go for "performance", but seeing as this isn't a track car and the gains are minimal at most, it really doesn't fit what I'm looking for.

I'd like to get something that would make more intake noise and not be muffled by the stock air box, but I'm aware that the seals on some of these aftermarket boxes don't actually seal the hot air from getting in. Has anyone installed one of these aftermarket CAI units where the intake noise is actually noticeable under load where the temps aren't impacted negatively?
I’ve had the K&N CAI and the Hellcat air box on my RT. The K&N is louder and has slightly better performance results than the Hellcat airbox, but I stuck with the Hellcat airbox because I liked the look better.
Unless you’re running quarter mile times and are trying to get every millisecond you can, the “heat seal” won’t be an issue. When I had the K&N the performance was great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts