Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see how everyone feels about the cost of a cam/exhaust/kooks headers install in a 392 6 speed. I'm being quoted $4,798 for a stage 2 cam/kooks headers install (SCAT PACK/RT STAGE 2 CUSTOM CAM + KOOKS HEADERS 6.4/5.7 | SRT Autoworks) plus another $1,900 for the AWE exhaust. They use the 270 comp cam per the email. Unfortunately they don't offer any discounts and I don't see many other shops in AZ that specialize in Mopar. I'm just looking to get a little HP bump and improve the sound right now, I may go forced induction down the road but it wouldn't be for a while. Thoughts? Keep shopping around, or anything you would do different?

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
712 Posts
For 5K, I would ask some other shops 1st.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
So basically $7,000? That's more than my whole Maggie setup after fueling upgrades and tune. Of course no labor cuz I'm doing it myself but still

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
532 Posts
5k is a lot, but got to think the cam install is a big chunk of it. I assume they have to tear down the whole top end. I've only installed one cam before in a completely unrelated platform, and took me a long time. Mostly cuz I didn't know what I was doing.

I would have a much harder time swallowing the 2 grand on top just for the exhaust. I guess I haven't researched much on these cars as it's loud enough for me stock, but seems like a ton of money for little to no performance gain.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
I just looked at their price again and actually it's not that high. $3000 for what's included with the cam is not bad at all because they also machine the heads. The expensive part is the kooks headers which is why I used stainless Power myself, $700 cheaper and same 304 stainless quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts