Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running 275/40/20 all the way around on a stock Scat Pack wheels?

I had a flat last night so I have to do some quick tire shopping tomorrow (no spare)...:frown:

Currently looking at Pirelli P Zero Nero A/S but I have to make sure they won't rub.
They chart shows they are nearly the same diameter.

Comments Welcome!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the responses guys.

Does your contact patch look good with the 275s (not bulging or too wide for the rim)?
Any issues with rubbing during hard turns or large bumps?

I have done some searching on this forum and I saw a comment from 2011 that quoted SRT Engineers as stating "do not exceed 245"on the front.
Perhaps the rims were smaller back then?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Rims 20x9(like yours ) can accept different tire width. The biggest is 275. I suggest you to check tirerack and under specification (i. E. 20x9) it tells you min and max of what you can have with your rims.
I did have only once a little internal rubbing but i was doing a trackday in Laguna seca. So I tell you 275 no problem at all.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
275s on the 20 x 9" SP wheels essentially look "square" to the wheel - as if that was the size they were designed for

245s look funny as the sidewall from bead to tread actually curves in towards the tread - as if the tire is "stretched" on a wider wheel than the tire is.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Running 20x9 front w/ 275/40R20 Nittos on the front and 20x10.5 w/ 295/40R20 rear on my R/T shaker... Don't think you'd have any issues with 275 on 20x9 in the rear haha. :)

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
275/40s work on all 4 corners for sure! Don't worry.

·
Registered
716 Posts
275/40s work on all 4 corners for sure! Don't worry.
What EricG said - yes. Same on my '15 Scatpack except their Nittos.

·
Registered
475 Posts
They don't really buldge out that much as you can see. I like that they're a little more meaty and even offer a slight protection for the wheels.

Attachments

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Registered
515 Posts
275s on the 20 x 9" SP wheels essentially look "square" to the wheel - as if that was the size they were designed for

245s look funny as the sidewall from bead to tread actually curves in towards the tread - as if the tire is "stretched" on a wider wheel than the tire is.

100% this.

I have 20x8 blacktop wheels and thinking of getting aftermarket on my first tire change, the wheels I like being 20X9. Would want to change tire size for this alone, the 275s look perfect on them.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
They don't really buldge out that much as you can see. I like that they're a little more meaty and even offer a slight protection for the wheels.
Wow. That looks great! Thanks for sharing.

I live in the wintry Pacific Northwest so I’ve been thinking about getting wider tires for the rear. I’m sold!

·
Registered
26 Posts

THANK YOU! I got stranded out of town on memorial day weekend last year. The one tire shop I found that was open had a limited selection in stock and I took whatever they had. Shortly after I was looking at the tires and noticed they looked like they were to small and "stretched" onto the wheel. I took it back and complained, I was told they were fine. I thought I was crazy.

·
Registered
515 Posts
THANK YOU! I got stranded out of town on memorial day weekend last year. The one tire shop I found that was open had a limited selection in stock and I took whatever they had. Shortly after I was looking at the tires and noticed they looked like they were to small and "stretched" onto the wheel. I took it back and complained, I was told they were fine. I thought I was crazy.
Technically they are fine, Dodge ships those sizes on 9s but I agree with both they look off.

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
Here's some shots when I had the 275/40s installed on day 1 with my SPS - OEM 245/45s had 24mi on them when they were changed out:

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
Reactions: 19johned53
1 - 20 of 22 Posts