Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on a Modern Muscle 87mm Throttle Body and solo performance exhaust. Looking for some opinions from guys have used or are currently using these products. Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is bone stock right now...2014 RT Blacktop Auto transmission.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well swainer I was going to say since your challenger is bone stock and has a stock intake manifold I would not spend money on the 87mm throttle body just yet I would get the intake manifold ported to 87mm on the throttle body end to take full advantage of the larger throttle body there is a company that ports the stock intake however u would like it. They are peakspeedshop.com and also as a first mod I recommend u get the diablo tuner first.

·
Registered
260 Posts
And o yea changing out the exhaust for a performance one is always excellent. Go for it.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
No reason to port the intake for our 87mm TB it has a transition port on the rear to mate up with the intake. the intake itself is larger then 80mm.

Below are some of the reviews form our previous customers and there are a lot more on our site.

Modern Muscle CNC Ported Throttle Body 87mm 5.7 or 6.1 6.4L Hemi SRT

87mm throttle body
January 1, 2014 Reviewer: DION HATTEN from ANTELOPE, CA United States the 87mm throttle body for my Challenger SRT 8 is a welcomed addition. It definitely made the throttle response an immediate improvement . Thanks Modern Muscle for making a product that actually makes a difference!

Was this review helpful to you?

0 of 0 people found the following review helpful:
incredible
December 13, 2013 Reviewer: Jon Albertson from Madison, WI United States I ordered my 87mm Throttle Body during the crazy holiday season. To my amazement it was shipped that day and received within 2 days. Incredible.

When I received that piece, I could feel the quality. This is a well made piece. Very happy with this purchase

Great service and product
November 2, 2013 Reviewer: Ryan Anselmo from Suitland, MD United States I ordered a 87mm throttle body on a Friday and had it at my front door within 5 days. It is a great looking throttle body and performs amazing. I bought it and installed it in 10 minutes on my 08 SRT Challenger. Chris from MM is great and very helpful. I will be bringing my car in for more extensive work at a future date.

Purchase of MM 87mm Throttle Body
November 1, 2013 Reviewer: Maurice Cardenas from Conyers, GA United States After going back and forth on the purchase of a ported throttle body, I decided to call Modern Muscle to get some feedback. Chris took as much time as needed to explain the positives about my potential purchase, even recommending the 87mm vs the 85mm based on my current mods. Great conversation and the product was received right on schedule. Quality product and I feel comfortable that it compliments my mods nicely. Thanks Chris and Modern Muscle for a great customer experience!
2006 Magnum SRT8

Great parts, super fast shipping
October 23, 2013 Reviewer: Dan Klynstra from Florence , SC United States I put the 87mm throttle body on my 2010 srt challenger and it's works perfectly. Smooth idle and wow the response !

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Both mods are good.

The catback will give you better sound.

The throttle body will give you better throttle response.

If I had to choose I'd go with the catback. Nothing like a Challenger that actually sounds like a muscle car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts