Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to try something a bit different, and I was planning on redipping my wheels. So....I went and bought some stickers and.... upbadged the **** out of it! haha.

Sorry for the crappy cell pics. Couldnt really feel my arm after 5 coats of black and 4 coats of gloss.

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I would not put them on the spokes, but on the edge in between the spokes.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm sure he was emulating the SRT design on the IE style wheels, but I do tend to agree with you anyway. I like the look though! Regardless of where the MOPAR is, I think it looks pretty good!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I'm sure he was emulating the SRT design on the IE style wheels, but I do tend to agree with you anyway. I like the look though! Regardless of where the MOPAR is, I think it looks pretty good!

I had thought about it, but I figured I could get a longer one on this way without it looking kind of cramped up. And this way I was able to cover up a deep scratch/cut that I think a cat put into the wheel. The dip doesnt really fill, and I didnt want to scuff and patch the chrome clad in case I ever take it off.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I dig it. Subtle but a nice touch.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Wanted to try something a bit different, and I was planning on redipping my wheels. So....I went and bought some stickers and.... upbadged the **** out of it! haha.

Sorry for the crappy cell pics. Couldnt really feel my arm after 5 coats of black and 4 coats of gloss.

What do you think?
Not diggin' it. Sorry.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
not a fan of black wheels but gotta admit I like what you did there

·
Registered
541 Posts
I like it, looks sharp. I would agree though to put it on the edge of one spoke. What did you use to lower your car?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well Arvin, you asked for opinions...

I think it looks awesome. Looking at the pics you matched the orange nicely. As far as placement goes, I think it rocks -- subtle as mentioned before.

You're showing Mopar pride and I think it's very original.

Drive it around for a bit and I'm sure you'll hear comments from the civilians.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like it, looks sharp. I would agree though to put it on the edge of one spoke. What did you use to lower your car?
Thanks! Im lowered on H&R Springs. Think it was 1.0-1.2" Drop.

Thanks for all the approvals. And for those of you who dont, ill hold in my butthurt, for now..:badrazz:

But I am curious..
Is there some sort of unwritten muscle car/old school american code I missed. Ive never seen a wheel with the badge between the spoke. And very few with it on the spoke. But then again I didnt really do any research. I just did it.

Just wondering because 50% of the responses so far have suggested it. But i cant recall ever seeing it.

And the gas cap has to stay chrome. I wanted to swap it for the drake, but my girlfriend convinced me that keeping it chrome (as much as I dislike chrome) maintains the heritage of the car. So im gonna keep it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
There is no written or unwritten rule. Personally and this is just me, I love the mopar logo and I like it when things are subtle and not just out there. By placing the mopar logo on the edge it becomes more subtle. Kinda like, that car is stock but there is something different I cant put my finger on and than as you look more and more there are all these nice little surprises. The chrome gas cap is fine it adds just enough of a bit of pop without looking blinged out. I have the chrome gas cap still on an all black car, I might get the Drakw fuel door but get it all in brushed aluminum. As for black wheels, I got them as well and I love them. I think I will stick to black wheels no matter what I drive.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thanks for all the approvals. And for those of you who dont, ill hold in my butthurt, for now..

No disrespect intended, but you did ask...!
Now, I will agree with others that it would look better near the edge.
Now, I will say your taste in cars and colors is impeccable......:)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the approvals. And for those of you who dont, ill hold in my butthurt, for now..

No disrespect intended, but you did ask...!
Now, I will agree with others that it would look better near the edge.
Now, I will say your taste in cars and colors is impeccable......:)
None taken. I was just joking. :heart:

This forum is a lot more forgiving than most of the others Ive had the courage to venture onto.

Unfortunately.. my dad was trying to fix the pressure washer inside the garage.... a friend of his flooded the carbs when he borrowed it. And so when he cranked it, a mixture of oil or gas and something else came out of the exhaust and landed right on the front passenger wheel. And it looks like it bubbled and started to peel. So i have to redo that one tonight. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
That looks awesome!!!

I hope they stay on :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts