Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the IE... Been toying with the idea of getting one and trading the 07 Charger SRT8. Local dealers asking over MSRP... One $15,000 over!

No dice, no way I'll pay over MSRP for any car. Period. I'd rather put the $$$ towards a mod or somehow make the car ideal for me.

But I absolutely LOVE the colors of the white IE. I don't really care that it's a limited edition.

What are your thoughts on purchasing a regular 392 in the next year or so, and getting it painted similar to the IE and maybe getting some interior work done as well to reflect the white/blue in the IE?!

I don't want to be a pretender, but I also refuse to give a stealership more dough than bare minimum... I'd rather see the cash go to a vendor or some business not infamous for ripping people off!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Love the IE... Been toying with the idea of getting one and trading the 07 Charger SRT8. Local dealers asking over MSRP... One $15,000 over!

No dice, no way I'll pay over MSRP for any car. Period. I'd rather put the $$$ towards a mod or somehow make the car ideal for me.

But I absolutely LOVE the colors of the white IE. I don't really care that it's a limited edition.

What are your thoughts on purchasing a regular 392 in the next year or so, and getting it painted similar to the IE and maybe getting some interior work done as well to reflect the white/blue in the IE?!

I don't want to be a pretender, but I also refuse to give a stealership more dough than bare minimum... I'd rather see the cash go to a vendor or some business not infamous for ripping people off!
You can buy a new White IE for $1000 under MSRP at Benny Boyd in Bastrop Texas. Shipping to where ever would be less than the $1000 under MSRP that you paid.

At this point only people who are not willing to drive or ship are paying more than MSRP in a few select markets. I have heard enough about this. There are deals to be had and they are on this forum. So now go buy the car and tell us about how good of a deal you got!

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I'd recommend searching for a dealer that is selling the white IE for sticker.

·
Banned
863 Posts

I don't know if you will be in luck to find another 392 in white, even for next year.
IF you are thinking about painting it white and doing all the IE things to it, it would be way cheaper to just buy now from a stealership for a few grand more and be done with it.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I think Baxter Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Omaha might have a white one left, probably right at MSRP, call and ask for Andrew Sallach (888) 737-6719

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies... issue being I have a car I need to dispose of before I purchase... so an out of state dealer would be an issue.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks for the replies... issue being I have a car I need to dispose of before I purchase... so an out of state dealer would be an issue.
Another option is to go to Dodge's website and do a dealership search with a radius whatever you're willing to travel. Even if they don't show SRTs on stock from Dodge's site click on the "visit website". I found a lot of dealers with IE in stock or inbound that weren't shown from Dodge's site.

There's also cars.com and search by your zip. Either one may net you what you're looking for at the price you want to pay. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again...

I emailed the two dealerships you all posted... the one in Omaha and the one in TX.

I told them the story, that SOCAL dealers must be smoking too much pot because their asking prices were high!

We'll see what happens in the days to come! I'll also do some other searching, per what you all stated.

Thanks again. Now, if only the WIFE were to get on board with this brainstorm of mine! LMAO!

My 3 year old son, when we saw an IE in person called it the white race car... that alone sold me on it! LOL

He's always asking me to do burn outs and donuts... when we are in my wife's Murano! Give him a few of those in the Charger and that's all he wants now! LOL!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can buy a new White IE for $1000 under MSRP at Benny Boyd in Bastrop Texas. Shipping to where ever would be less than the $1000 under MSRP that you paid.

At this point only people who are not willing to drive or ship are paying more than MSRP in a few select markets. I have heard enough about this. There are deals to be had and they are on this forum. So now go buy the car and tell us about how good of a deal you got!

Better watch ! the Challenger Talk police will kill your post for mentioning a dealer whos not paying for advertising on the site. They Kaboshed some stuff I posted for "DIRECTING TRAFFIC TO A DEALER" :notallthere:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts