Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
I really like white side stripes on black. The hockey stripes would look great IMHO

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
not a huge fan of the rear side stripes.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ya I don't like those stripes.

But hell is that an SE? I really like that it has SRT8 wheels and a spoiler. Just needs dual exhaust. I feel like the 09/10 SEs look fairly unfinished. I like the way yours looks though, minus the rear stripes.

How many miles on it and price?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I don't like either...but your the one that has to look at it every day, not us. The first thing I would do is take off 20" wheels on a car that can handle 18's or 17's. Swap em for some Cragar 612's or something that looks cool. I wish I could put on something smaller than 20's on the SRT, damn Brembos. But they sure stop nice! Good luck with your new ride.

·
Banned
863 Posts
I don't like either...but your the one that has to look at it every day, not us. The first thing I would do is take off 20" wheels on a car that can handle 18's or 17's. Swap em for some Cragar 612's or something that looks cool. I wish I could put on something smaller than 20's on the SRT, damn Brembos. But they sure stop nice! Good luck with your new ride.
Those rims look like 22's to me, that's the first thing I noticed unless I have to get my eyes checked.:stickpoke:

·
Registered
574 Posts

What??? I love those wheels! Rather have that than those tiny SE Ralley wheels. Good lord do I hate those. Like a muscular guy with a huge upper body but chicken legs. Just looks weird.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
What??? I love those wheels! Rather have that than those tiny SE Ralley wheels. Good lord do I hate those. Like a muscular guy with a huge upper body but chicken legs. Just looks weird.

17" wheels are tiny??? Compared to 15" wheels we all had on muscle cars for 20 years? Boy the aftermarket companies really love people like you.
To each their own, but 20" wheels make Challengers look like radio control toys you buy in radio shack.
What's next? maybe this photo below is what's next. Muscle cars need sidewall, not rubberband wheels, look at drag challengers...do they have chicken legs? LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Stripes are always a personal preference, so there never is a "right" answer other than what you like on your car.

I always loved the hockey stripe on a Cuda, but because of that, not my first choice on a Challenger. The straight crease line and quarterpanel lines on the Cuda were perfect for the hockey stripe.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
17" wheels are tiny??? Compared to 15" wheels we all had on muscle cars for 20 years? Boy the aftermarket companies really love people like you.
To each their own, but 20" wheels make Challengers look like radio control toys you buy in radio shack.
What's next? maybe this photo below is what's next. Muscle cars need sidewall, not rubberband wheels, look at drag challengers...do they have chicken legs? LOL
Challengers are also a lot smaller in the 70's than the new ones...

I hate a muscle car with 14's but there sure are alot of them sitting on show feilds with 6 figure price tags too.:notallthere: I don't like rubberband lo-pros but I don't like 14's with 195/75R14's either. With that being said my 70 is sitting on the lift right now with L60-14's on the back end... If you're wondering it will get a set of 15" Cragar SS's once it gets a new paint job.:browsmiley:

T/A stripes look awesome on a Challenger IMO but I'm biased...

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
while I like the hockey stripes historically they don't belong on a challenger.
It's your car though so go with what you like

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just ordered the Hockey Stripe for my RT and had HEMI put on it. Good Question on what to put on your being an SE, Very nice looking car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts