Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
During my morning commute to work I got into a minor accident with a cone on the freeway. I was in the middle lane with cars on both sides. Car in front of me had room to dodge the cone which unfortunately left me to hit the thing dead on. The damage was actually a lot more severe than I had thought. It's just a cone, how much damage can it have done? Well I was wrong as the picture can tell you. Ordered a new front fascia, 392 front lip, and....a new speedlogix ram air hood! Have to get the fascia painted so why not get it all done at once. I'll update with pictures as soon as my car is back to 100%.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
OUCH!!!!!

Yeah everyone things those orange cones are no issue until they actually hit and drag one down the road. Semi hard plastic (cone) does not go well with harder plastic that is attached to a car.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Wow!!! The cone sucks... I've been there but with a deer every now and then... Happy to say I was able to get out of the way... but way2go with the New Hood and Lip!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the amount of damage was no joke. Clean breaks on the lip, fascia, and my lower grill. Lost majority of all the push pin rivets that attaches those parts as well as losing my fog light led.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Dang that stinks. Glad to hear its gettin fixed though! Yea you talk about price, thank your lucky stars you arent gettin a 2008-2010 front fascia lol

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Sorry to hear that! I have the 392 front chin on my R/T and it looks 100 times better than the original one on the R/T's. Just be careful with ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
Yes to someone from the original muscle car era, it is amazing (scary?) how flimsy all the plastic stuff on these cars is. Yet it seems to stay intact unless you hit something. I cringe at the thought of somebody leaning/sitting on the front fascia.

Somebody at the SRT Experience hit a cone and it lodged under the front of the car, was driven around the track a couple of laps and when it came in they thought the car was on fire - until the cone was found.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I know about the ground clearance but thanks for the heads up advice. The car is lowered already with the 392 lip. Just replacing it with another one. I bet the original muscle cars would've thrown that cone out of its way like it was nothing! Parts are starting to come in...can't wait to get my new hood!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts