Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious who here opted for the $1,295 upgraded wheels over the Devil's Rim forged aluminum wheels.
More so, does anyone have any side by side comparison photos?

I'm wanting to see the difference in the finishes. It appears the Devil's wheel has a duller matte finish and the Carbon wheels are a bit more glossy.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,147 Posts
They appear glossy in some pics and not others, odd

A Guy

·
Registered
584 Posts
I would've thought the Devil's Rim would be the more expensive rim. Seems like a rip off considering both wheels retail for about the same price.
all options on these cars are way overpriced, but my guess is every time a option is selected it slows up the line costing them production.
the wheels seemed like a Bargen compared to 1500 for the carbon fiber dash trim. lol

·
Super Moderator
17,458 Posts
all options on these cars are way overpriced, but my guess is every time a option is selected it slows up the line costing them production.
the wheels seemed like a Bargen compared to 1500 for the carbon fiber dash trim. lol
at the time I was ordering my '09 R/T the optional 20" chrome clad wheels were $1,390 (and those are plastic "chrome" painted) - which I thought was a total ripoff.

Obviously, I didn't select that option.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,230 Posts
but my guess is every time a option is selected it slows up the line costing them production.
Just In Time deliveries could care less what options are going on any particular vehicle down an assembly line. Nothing is scheduled until all parts are sequenced for production.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Just In Time deliveries could care less what options are going on any particular vehicle down an assembly line. Nothing is scheduled until all parts are sequenced for production.
not true adding the shaker takes the car to a different destination to final install and it would certainly be easier to build cars with all the exact same wheels and tires and trims than swapping around parts constantly.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,230 Posts
not true adding the shaker takes the car to a different destination to final install and it would certainly be easier to build cars with all the exact same wheels and tires and trims than swapping around parts constantly.
As I now recall.....I think you’re right, especially since wheels are the topic. I think I’ve read posts where the cars are driven or shipped over to the upfitters on some basic skinnies, then the bigger ones are later installed. I almost think I recall reading where the 11” wide wheels won’t go down the assembly line.

·
Super Moderator
17,458 Posts
Hell I would've paid extra for a manual transmission. 😄
in the early years, you did...it was $995 for the (5.7) R/T and on a SRT8 it was $695 by 2011 the manual became standard equipment and the A5 (in production then) was extra cost

1 - 20 of 35 Posts