Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if there are any off the shelf options to replace the spare button in the lower dash area (see photo)? Or if anyone has worked their own solution?

My 2013 Auto has used the right button for "Sport Mode", but I'm left with a blank button on the driver side. I'd like to make it say something like, machine guns, rocket launcher, or ejector seat. But I'd want it back lit so it matches the existing buttons there.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never noticed this, I wonder if there is a switch behind this button? Interesting...........:scratchhead:
Or what the button is used for in other trim levels? What is the button ever used for?

I want it to activate machine guns - James Bond style. :yikes:

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
My 2008, 2009, and 2010 have two blank/spare buttons at all trim levels.

·
Registered
15,865 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
i wanted to use my botton led light or cut of valves i took it out and took it apart there is no bottom behind it and i cant think of a way to install one as far up making it light up for custom lettering u would have to look online for that and just tap in to the power from the switches there

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have been thinking about adding a decal to the blank button as well, but have not come up with a good idea yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You could try and source a switch assembly from the dealer that has the heated steering wheel button on it, switch assembly should be the same size etc, connector pin out might just be a little different due to having an extra button.

Only downside is if you were to stick something over the heated steering wheel symbol then you may not see the illumination on the button anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts