Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got some new stuff I've done to the car this week. I got some vinyl put on the taillights. I had them cut out the dodge letters so the reverse lights shine through. I had this done at a local shop for $40.

I also had oracle dual color halos installed in my headlight and foglights.

2011 Challenger Dual Color Oracle LED by 360 Designz - YouTube

Attachments

Reactions: shaker2014

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another shot of the taillights

Attachments

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
looks great, so is that just vinyl on the tails?......great idea to just do cutout for the letters, never seen that before

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is just vinyl over the taillights yes

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've thought of maybe doing this bit am not sure. What does it look like at night and when you brake?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone I am really happy with how it turned out

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brent 27 I'll take some night pictures today and post them up

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Brent 27 I'll take some night pictures today and post them up
thanks I wanna see the oracles too, both these mods have been on my to-do list lol

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Attachments

Reactions: Brent27

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Very nice!!! I purchased Oracles for the front but haven't installed them yet. I'm waiting to move into my house so I have a garage. Local shops are asking about $400-$500 and two days "CRAZY"

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I paid less than that and it took 5 hours. Here is a shot of the lights in my garage since it isn't dark here yet to give an idea to those interested in this.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Don't forget to post the link ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: ozzo and Brent27

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very nice, I used some extra tint to do the parking lights in back but yours looks even better. I was checking out oracles at the shop next to the tint guy today impressive stuff.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hey would you mind sharing with us which Oracle LED's did you got exactly? I see they have a few types and different luminescences (brightness) too. Plus projector and non-projector types. I'm keen for this mod but want the right ones for the look I'm going for.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Hey would you mind sharing with us which Oracle LED's did you got exactly? I see they have a few types and different luminescences (brightness) too. Plus projector and non-projector types. I'm keen for this mod but want the right ones for the look I'm going for.

Cheers

Something you might wanna check out. $50 Halo Alternative

I just did the colorshift halo's from this ebay seller inside the headlights, $75 bucks total for headlights and fogs... and labor was free :)
Looks bada$$ and just as bright as any Oracle guys in my local club. They cant spot the difference. And if something goes wrong couple years down the road I'm out $25-$50 bucks and Saturday worth of time. I got the process down pat so pretty sure I could get the fascia off in 20 mins and halos swapped out in a couple hours :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Great, that thread you've linked is huge but exactly what I wanted.

Cheers

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I used the depo lighting blacked out headlight housings. We used the blue/white dual color LED Oracle Halos. I have since found out I can program the remote for the lights to my garage link buttons in the overhead console so I didn't even have to keep the fob for on and off functions.

I also tried the $50 halo mod. I drive 100 miles a day round trip to and from work. the lights lasted about 3 months mounted outside the housings. They then began overheating and I could smell them from inside the car. They were about as bright as the Oracle LED but the Oracle Plasmas are much brighter than both. I was hesitant to actually buy the expensive halo lights but in my opinion at this point it was money well spent.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts