Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered red plasma Halo rings on March 19th. I was told they were IN STOCK. A week later I found out they were actually "BACK ORDERED" I have followed up several times and been given the "They will be here on X day" and of course they don't show up. I call and ask when I can expect them and now it is "we don't know". How in the world does a company not know when they will have a product? Do they have no concept of supply chain management? Who is running this place?? When I ask for a supervisor I get the "I'm sorry they are gone for the day." What a BS run around. ORACLE or "AAC" is a JOKE. :fight:

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should I contact the BBB or the State Attorney General's Office? Seems like taking someone's money, constantly promising product and not delivering is fraud.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was just about to pull the trigger on a set of Halo's from them. So glad I waited.
Go to the BBB website and file a complaint online. That usually gets asses in gear.
Or just ask for your money back and deal with another company.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I ordered red plasma Halo rings on March 19th. I was told they were IN STOCK. A week later I found out they were actually "BACK ORDERED" I have followed up several times and been given the "They will be here on X day" and of course they don't show up. I call and ask when I can expect them and now it is "we don't know". How in the world does a company not know when they will have a product? Do they have no concept of supply chain management? Who is running this place?? When I ask for a supervisor I get the "I'm sorry they are gone for the day." What a BS run around. ORACLE or "AAC" is a JOKE. :fight:
thats because they are waiting for the boat to come in from china!...then stick them in fancy box and charging you $200+ when YOU can get them for 29.99 off ebay!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats because they are waiting for the boat to come in from china!...then stick them in fancy box and charging you $200+ when YOU can get them for 29.99 off ebay!
Do you have a set of $29.99 Halo's installed? If so, where did you get them and could you post the picture?
Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
Do you have a set of $29.99 Halo's installed? If so, where did you get them and could you post the picture?
Thanks
installing tomorrow hopefully will post pics when finished....but i did compare quality side by side and light output/quality were identical...actually connecters on ebay ones were better...im doing fogs and headlights with 9 color remote led halos 127mm for headlamps and 100mm for fogs....theres alot of threads on here about ebay halos and they are no different in quality when you compare them...and actually my buddie that has oracle has had nothing but problems with them...from my experience with hid kits,halos all these places get them from overseas and just package them like they make them and they dont they are all made in china,japan etc...just screwing everybody with expensive displays and fancy web sites...

·
Registered
54 Posts
halos

dont go cheap you get what you pay for. i went with acc led halos. ordered prebuilt headlights with red halos so i could do a plug and play option. they were built and delivered as promised and work awesome. sorry for your delay not sure what happened there.

photo.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
All those lights from ACC are from CHINA. They have the boxes made in China also.

Reactions: ghostrt

·
Registered
305 Posts
Again, can someone please post some pictures of an actual product?
i will have pictures throughout install after the wknd..there is a thread $50 cheap halo alternative has all the info you need...most of them mounted ccfl halos on outside of lamps..i chose led colorshift from an ebay store called cooltoo to get mine and are doing them inside of lamps/fogs...also installing color shift 2 way signal leds and led tail lamps...so its gonna be a long day..like i said before compared acc halos to mine side by side and mine actually looked to be better quality and just as bright...were just about identical...ive seen acc use different kinds of halos in different kits...they are just purchasing from china and re-boxing them!..they are all made in china!

·
Registered
968 Posts
i will have pictures throughout install after the wknd..there is a thread $50 cheap halo alternative has all the info you need...most of them mounted ccfl halos on outside of lamps..i chose led colorshift from an ebay store called cooltoo to get mine and are doing them inside of lamps/fogs...also installing color shift 2 way signal leds and led tail lamps...so its gonna be a long day..like i said before compared acc halos to mine side by side and mine actually looked to be better quality and just as bright...were just about identical...ive seen acc use different kinds of halos in different kits...they are just purchasing from china and re-boxing them!..they are all made in china!
let me know how big of a pain in the ass that installation is, I might be interested in trying it as well

·
Registered
580 Posts

I would call them and ask politely for a refund. If they say no, and you paid with a credit card, call the card company and explain it to them and get the charges reversed. If you paid by other means, send them a letter (return receipt requested) asking for a refund within 30 days. If they don't respond to the letter, file a claim in small claims court in the city where the company is located. Just my 2 cents of advice.... Or, wait a few more days. If the lights don't come in, wait a little longer.
peace and love, peace and love

·
Registered
184 Posts
they switch from white to amber but led...theres a thresd where someone did them on her...have to use 6ohm resistors as well
Consider me a moron when it comes to wiring electronics. But im a quick learner. :thumbsup:

Your post made no sense to me. Maybe you answered my question, but I dont understand the response. But I appreciate you taking the time to help us out.

What I would like to know is. Up here in BC we have DRL on during the day, and the headlights turn on automatically at dusk. So with these Halo's will they run along with the DRL and stay on when the headlight is on?

Or are these wired separately? And turned on/off as you wish?

·
Registered
305 Posts
yes arvin the halos are remote controll...and turn off/on from remote and change color by remote as well they run off of any 12v power source....

·
Registered
Dodge challenger rallye redline
454 Posts
I got my halo color shifts from aac and they made it to me in a week from ordering. Then I decided to just send them the headlights to get warranty so if they leak or fog up aac will fix it. Once they got the headlights they called me and double checked on what I wanted done and gave me a date on when they would be finished and they delivered on there promise and I've had nothing but good contact with them. Which oracle location did you get ahold of? I know the new one is in Texas maybe they aren't fully up to speed. But I dunno best of luck getting it taken care of

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts