Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my father-in-law and I were admiring the 392 engine and were discussing what a nice touch it is to have the orange engine block (in case you didn't know, the SRT 6.1 and 6.4 engine blocks are painted orange (I think it is race hemi orange), whereas the 5.7 HEMI is painted black).

What other subtle touches have you noticed?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Today my father-in-law and I were admiring the 392 engine and were discussing what a nice touch it is to have the orange engine block (in case you didn't know, the SRT 6.1 and 6.4 engine blocks are painted orange (I think it is race hemi orange), whereas the 5.7 HEMI is painted black).

What other subtle touches have you noticed?
It runs like an Ape!:icon_biggrin:

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
IMO they need more. The Jeeps have things hidden all over the place and so does the Viper (they call them easter eggs) yet the Charger and Challenger have none.

YES! Jeep has been doing this for years...

A few examples:

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
How about 425 horse on the 6.1 just like the original street hemi?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
There was an episode of Graveyard Carz that identified the similarities between classic and modern Challengers. I remember some of them were gauge cluster style, dash emblem/placement, door panels and I remember seeing one of their episodes where they were installing an exhaust on a 340 powered Challenger they were restoring and the components of the vintage (1971 I recall) are similar to the modern, e.g. front mufflers, rear resonators.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts