Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Shaker
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search and didn't find anything current. Can anybody give me an estimated time I can expect 2014 order banks to close and when 2015 banks might open? I'm getting ready to order an RT Classic and trying to determine whether I want to wait for the '15 or not.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Last year it was the end of May.

Reactions: StumpyMcNubbins

·
Registered
2014 Shaker
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might be cool if you don't like the 15's to try and get the very last 2014 Challenger built. :weed:
Well that's part of my concern. Without knowing what they are planning for the '15s, I'm a little concerned waiting for them. On the other hand, I'll be disappointed if I decide to go ahead and order now and then the '15 is a big upgrade. I know nobody here really knows, but I thought knowing the dates could help me make my decision. Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
601 Posts
You'll get a pretty good idea this month when the hellcat is unveiled then next month on the 19th I think when the rest of the lineup is unveiled. That will give you all if may to order but I would probably make your decision pretty quickly like early may if you're going to pull the trigger on a 14 instead of 15.

·
Premium Member
9,596 Posts
Well that's part of my concern. Without knowing what they are planning for the '15s, I'm a little concerned waiting for them. On the other hand, I'll be disappointed if I decide to go ahead and order now and then the '15 is a big upgrade. I know nobody here really knows, but I thought knowing the dates could help me make my decision. Thanks everybody.
I'd be a little hesitant to buy any first year model change as they tend to have their share of growing pains.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I'd be a little hesitant to buy any first year model change as they tend to have their share of growing pains.
I usually agree with that statement... but... this is a minor refresh... same vehicle but a new interior and a proven 8 speed auto that is already in the Charger and 300 V6 models for 3 model years.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I usually agree with that statement... but... this is a minor refresh... same vehicle but a new interior and a proven 8 speed auto that is already in the Charger and 300 V6 models for 3 model years.
The minor refresh consists of a ton of all new electronics. Nothing is ever smooth when it comes to that stuff. Like you said though, it has been and currently being used in the charger and 300 so there shouldn't be that many growing pains but there will definitely be a bunch IMO. Heck, there are things they still never ironed out with the original challenger to this day so who knows. Personally, if I had to pick a last year of something over a first year of something I'm going with the last year. But with that said, might as well see what they got

·
Registered
141 Posts
I did a quick search and didn't find anything current. Can anybody give me an estimated time I can expect 2014 order banks to close and when 2015 banks might open? I'm getting ready to order an RT Classic and trying to determine whether I want to wait for the '15 or not.
Just trust... you'll want to wait for a 2015 Challenger.
:yesnod:

·
Registered
14,941 Posts
Here's some of the things that will be new, taken from the 2015 thread:

2015 What's New:

New: "LA" series, major refresh
New: All-new interior
New: All-new electrical architecture system
New: 6.2L Supercharged engine (SRT Hellcat)
New: 8-spd transmissions (all models)
New: Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
New: Brembo 6-piston front brakes (Hellcat)
New: Competition suspension (Hellcat)
New: Customizable color TFT instrument cluster display
New: Dual zone climate control
New: "ecall" - one-touch 911 access, Roadside Assistance Services & crash notification
New: Fascias, refreshed front and rear
New: Forward Collision Warning
New: Halo headlamps
New: HD Radio
New: LED split taillamps
New: LED daytime running lamps
New: ParkView rear backup camera
New: Performance Pages screens, advanced (SRT only)
New: Radios, new 2nd generation 8.4" (models RA2, RA3, RA4)
New: Red brake calipers (Hellcat)
New: Remote lock/unlock doors, start vehicle, flash lights from any distance via the web or a smartphone app
New: Selectable drive modes (SRT)
New: Shark fin antenna (satellite radio)
New: Speedometer, 200mph (Hellcat)
New: Uconnect radio platform, 3rd generation, w/voice recognition technology for handsfree mobile phone, music, texting and navigation operation

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
The minor refresh consists of a ton of all new electronics. Nothing is ever smooth when it comes to that stuff. Like you said though, it has been and currently being used in the charger and 300 so there shouldn't be that many growing pains but there will definitely be a bunch IMO. Heck, there are things they still never ironed out with the original challenger to this day so who knows. Personally, if I had to pick a last year of something over a first year of something I'm going with the last year. But with that said, might as well see what they got
Oh I know... when anything is designed and then manufactured and is mechanical and electrical anything can go wrong. My only point was this isn't an all new model like the Cherokee with an all new transmission. That is all. The 8 speed tranny is being revised a tad but that design has been road tested for 3 years now and the guts of the electrical system and pieces and parts of the interior are mostly recycled from the latest Dart/Cherokee type stuff. They are not breaking new ground with what makes up the interior. Thats all.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's some of the things that will be new, taken from the 2015 thread:

2015 What's New:

New: "LA" series, major refresh
New: All-new interior
New: All-new electrical architecture system
New: 6.2L Supercharged engine (SRT Hellcat)
New: 8-spd transmissions (all models)
New: Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
New: Brembo 6-piston front brakes (Hellcat)
New: Competition suspension (Hellcat)
New: Customizable color TFT instrument cluster display
New: Dual zone climate control
New: "ecall" - one-touch 911 access, Roadside Assistance Services & crash notification
New: Fascias, refreshed front and rear
New: Forward Collision Warning
New: Halo headlamps
New: HD Radio
New: LED split taillamps
New: LED daytime running lamps
New: ParkView rear backup camera
New: Performance Pages screens, advanced (SRT only)
New: Radios, new 2nd generation 8.4" (models RA2, RA3, RA4)
New: Red brake calipers (Hellcat)
New: Remote lock/unlock doors, start vehicle, flash lights from any distance via the web or a smartphone app
New: Selectable drive modes (SRT)
New: Shark fin antenna (satellite radio)
New: Speedometer, 200mph (Hellcat)
New: Uconnect radio platform, 3rd generation, w/voice recognition technology for handsfree mobile phone, music, texting and navigation operation
Ridiculously helpful post. Thanks a lot man. I didn't have the time to peruse the hundreds of pages in that forum. The 8spd was one of the main things I was considering waiting for. Several other things on that list are a big draw for me. Maybe waiting is the way to go.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ridiculously helpful post. Thanks a lot man. I didn't have the time to peruse the hundreds of pages in that forum. The 8spd was one of the main things I was considering waiting for. Several other things on that list are a big draw for me. Maybe waiting is the way to go.
:IThankYou:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts