Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the newbie section I explained how I've wanted one of these since 08. I test drove a 2011 Tungsten RT with auto. The color is great and I like the little differences from the 2010 (pass side seat getting into the back, steering wheel, rams head gone, etc). I want to order the same car with a 6 speed but after reading on here about the recent delays in getting a car, I don't know. My dealer had no luck locating a 6 speed RT in Tungsten and I haven't had much luck on the internet either. The same dealer is getting a red RT 6 speed in a few weeks. I haven't seen one in person but I find it hard to pay extra for paint.
Does anyone know if shipping the cars will be any better if I wait? I heard that the 2012 will start production sometime in July. If anybody knows where a Tungsten 6 speed is please let me know.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
There are quite a few Tungsten 6-Speed R/T's in dealer inventories. Are you looking for cloth or leather? If I can be of assistance, regardless of whether you buy from me or not, please let me know.

Thanks,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cloth would be ok. If I ordered one I would only get the 6 speed and 20 inch wheels. I don't particularly like the chrome cladding but at least I'll have the tires and the 3.90 gear.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i wouldnt order one....ordering it just means you will wait longer

soon enough a dealer will get a car you want in inventory and get it then... if your impatient just look on cars.com and find one a few states away...drive to get it or pay for shipping it...

i would never order a car from Dodge again.

i see nothing special about 2012's so far....if your willing to wait for 2012 then you have more patience than me...

any luck on left over 2010's????? thats where the real bargin is...you can get a SRT for the price of a 2011 RT

·
Registered
301 Posts
I wouldn't order either. There will be plenty of Tungstens coming soon since only Tungsten, white, and toxic orange are being made soon due to the paint shortages.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
HuggyTree, the only cars I have that have taken more than 6 weeks to come in are the IE's and GWE's. All others are flying through the system.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Wow, that sucks homer! That one has definitely been hung up a few times. There is definitely an exception to every rule I guess. Being that one is going to the Lapeer Road Marshalling Center, they must not be rushing Chrysler employee/contractor cars. When I worked in Auburn Hills that is where I always had to pick up my cars. They also used to have some pretty good prices on employee turn in cars.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
LOL, 81 days and counting for me. That's 11 1/2 weeks! 5 days with no updates.

HuggyTree, the only cars I have that have taken more than 6 weeks to come in are the IE's and GWE's. All others are flying through the system.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm right there with you. I hit 90 days today. 11 days without any updates.

·
Registered
498 Posts
HAHA, I just ordered march 23rd, they told me 6-8 weeks......we will see. RT manual in bright white. None in dealer inventory anywhere.

I am told that Dodge is doing very well with sold ordered vehicles as of late, but seems you could probably get a better deal on one sitting on a dealer lot somewhere if you can find one.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Yeah, you know KZ was nice, printing my window sticker was nice. I am kind of wanting my car now. Maybe if I complain about it enough it will get here fastener.

It has been 7 days ago from KZ. How about you?

I'm right there with you. I hit 90 days today. 11 days without any updates.

·
Registered
25 Posts
KZ on 3/23. Talked to the dealer and nothing. Called Chrysler and nothing. My dealer does have 2 more challengers "in transit" on their site. I checked their VIN and they aren't built yet. If those build and ship before mine I'm going to lose it.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts

with the IE isnt pretty much proven that the ordered cars were last to ship?

i saw some dealer cars that didnt even go to storage while mine sat for 8 weeks in a parking lot

order a car and be last on the list or buy from a dealer and be first....you choose!

on the IE it seemed much better prices on the dealer cars too...all the guys who ordered them paid around sticker...everyone else paid $1000-$2500 under sticker

i see absolutely no reason to order a Challenger...you have no advantage in doing so....lots of disadvantages though

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
KZ on 3/23. Talked to the dealer and nothing. Called Chrysler and nothing. My dealer does have 2 more challengers "in transit" on their site. I checked their VIN and they aren't built yet. If those build and ship before mine I'm going to lose it.
if your experience is like mine be prepared to lose it then...mine took 14 days to travel 2 states by train....i could have pushed the car from Canada faster than mine was delivered by train.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Yeah, you know KZ was nice, printing my window sticker was nice. I am kind of wanting my car now. Maybe if I complain about it enough it will get here fastener.

It has been 7 days ago from KZ. How about you?

from KZ to delivery mine was 4 weeks +

i think it was 14 days in KZ and then 14 on a train(it sat 7 days 20 miles from the destination on a train...not moving)

·
Registered
411 Posts
HAHA, I just ordered march 23rd, they told me 6-8 weeks......we will see. RT manual in bright white. None in dealer inventory anywhere.

I am told that Dodge is doing very well with sold ordered vehicles as of late, but seems you could probably get a better deal on one sitting on a dealer lot somewhere if you can find one.
Steve White Dodge had one in NC. White with red hood stripes. Manual no other options. I think they wanted 28.5k for it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts