Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2016 manual Scat Pack I have a list of modifications that I want to do but I dont have the money do to all at the same time , im doing this over a year or so,
Already have a CAI and the 180 thermostat here is my wish list

Itune
Unlock ECM
Custom tune
270 Cam
Throttle body 87mm
Headers
Mid pipes
My question is in which order should I do this, since Im doing a couple at a time, I was thinking PCM and tune and then throotle body and cam ?? and lastly the headers and mid pipes ?? And a final tune ?? Can all this be accomplished with 4 to 5 thousand ???

Please give me some advice so i dont do this backwards lol, thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are you worried about voiding the warranty or not?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you worried about voiding the warranty or not?
I know that any of this modifications will void the warranty, hopefully the car wont have any major issues in the next couple if years, i wont be putting more than 5 to 6 thousand miles a year on this car.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
My answer is based on seeing so many mod histories....

I have a 2016 manual Scat Pack I have a list of modifications that I want to do but I dont have the money do to all at the same time , im doing this over a year or so,
Already have a CAI and the 180 thermostat here is my wish list

Itune
Unlock ECM
Custom tune
270 Cam
Throttle body 87mm
Headers
Mid pipes
My question is in which order should I do this, since Im doing a couple at a time, I was thinking PCM and tune and then throotle body and cam ?? and lastly the headers and mid pipes ?? And a final tune ?? Can all this be accomplished with 4 to 5 thousand ???

Please give me some advice so i dont do this backwards lol, thanks
.....here on CT.

1. The optimum thing is to do it all at once. It's cheaper that way. Otherwise you will be retuning multiple times (LT header, CAM, maybe 87mm TB).

2. If you want to do something early, replace the TB yourself and get a tuner. Perform canned tune.

3. If able, replace headers yourself. This will totally blow, take all day, rip your knuckles apart, and save you a big $$$ (labor). You will need to tune for this (see 1.)

4. CAM. This will need serious dyno-tuning. CAM's are not easy to tune, and it may have to be done over iterations to get it dialed in just right. (see 1.)

Save up and do it all at once.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
MY 2 cents

You can do tuner and 87mm TB and run the preloaded tune, Then do the headers and cam at the same time most places would discount some labor since you are doing both the same time. Then you are only doing a custom tune once.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MY 2 cents

You can do tuner and 87mm TB and run the preloaded tune, Then do the headers and cam at the same time most places would discount some labor since you are doing both the same time. Then you are only doing a custom tune once.
Thanks for your advice Im actually getting the cam and 87MM TB from Modern Muscle, Im just thinking about loosing warranty on a 2016 with least than 10k miles.

·
Registered
760 Posts
OP I have a MM 87mm ported tb for sale for about half price. Posted in classifieds if interested.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thanks for your advice Im actually getting the cam and 87MM TB from Modern Muscle, Im just thinking about loosing warranty on a 2016 with least than 10k miles.
It's losing not loosing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts