368 Posts

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
White is still a color.

·
Registered
155 Posts
hmmmm...didn't see 'Green With Envy' on that list...wonder if this may actually get us our cars sooner?:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
These are the only colors available now when ordering a 2011 Challenger:

Challenger and Challenger R/T:

Bright White
Toxic Orange
Tungsten Metallic

Challenger SRT:

Toxic Orange

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Well I would say I am glad I got mine when I did...but the darn thing is still sitting waiting to be shipped..and low and behold...another day passes with a change in shipping :( Getting the car built was one thing. But shipping..Oh My.....

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,735 Posts
Geez, maybe they should offer a paint delete option and we could have them custom painted.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
466 Posts
OK, I thought I bought American when I bought my Challenger, but really it was:
Chassis from Germany
Engine from Mexico
Built in Canada
Owned by Italy
and now-Paint from Japan -and we're supposed to believe this is what George Washington would drive?:scratchhead:

·
Banned
407 Posts
OK, I thought I bought American when I bought my Challenger, but really it was:
Chassis from Germany
Engine from Mexico
Built in Canada
Owned by Italy
and now-Paint from Japan -and we're supposed to believe this is what George Washington would drive?:scratchhead:
Although the commercials are funny, lets face it, considering the amount of teeth he had, he'd be in a Camaro

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Black satin primer FTW :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well, I'm glad I ordered one in Tungsten Metallic, then.

I still expect it to be a long wait, but for various other reasons that have nothing to do with the paint.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
White is still a color.
Not trying to be picky here but white by its definition the color white is the true absence of color whereas black is sum amount of all colors mixed together as one.
I don't know how Chrysler does it, for GM the bare minimum # of vehicles ordered with a special color is 5. The Mary Kay Cosmetics pink painted cars awarded to high selling sales associates are what come to mind here. So if you wanted a new GM car in a special color all you had to do was round up 4 more of your like minded friends and you where good to go. But I can't see Chrysler doing one of one special order paint jobs. Think about it, that would be exceedingly inefficient for them to do this especially post bankruptcy & Govt, bail out wise. Even the much heralded "Kowalski Editions" # 10 are taxting the mass production GODS abilities to comply. But seeings how white is a a major color offering with the 2011 IE (6.4's) its way more feasible. Personally, I think its rather risky to be doing even that but if does help sell some cars that otherwise would not be sold then I'm all for it.
Ironically, I like white especially down here in Texas where the temps & humidity can each triple digits quite easily.
So who exactly is waiting for a custom colored Challenger and what color have you special ordered?
:scratchhead::scratchhead::scratchhead:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts