Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! New to the board, been lurking to read different options and opinions for a month or so. Lot of helpful tips here, thanks!

Ordered 3/21...now the long wait begins.

Added the super track package, manual, and got her Black with the Black R/T stripes on the side- it'll be somewhat hard to see them but i always liked the flat black stripe on gloss black look.

8-12 weeks...sigh.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome from Okla. You'll have it before you know it. This will give you time to buy up some mods for it. So enjoy the forums untill you get it. Ronnie

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Welcome, Just look at it this way your just waiting on diablosport to make the new tuner for the car so you can hop it up from the getgo.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome From Miami. I went through the wait for a 2011 RT classic and it is well worth it.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hello! New to the board, been lurking to read different options and opinions for a month or so. Lot of helpful tips here, thanks!

Ordered 3/21...now the long wait begins.

Added the super track package, manual, and got her Black with the Black R/T stripes on the side- it'll be somewhat hard to see them but i always liked the flat black stripe on gloss black look.

8-12 weeks...sigh.
Is the 2011 Black still black crystal or is it strainght gloss black without any metal flake in it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the 2011 Black still black crystal or is it strainght gloss black without any metal flake in it?
It is Black Pearl Crystal still.

Thanks for the welcome. My list of mods I want to do is growing longer by the day reading this forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fate has intervened!

Right after I ordered my car, I read the horror stories online of people with built cars awaiting shipping.
Yesterday I read about the potential paint shortage and even further potential delays.
I search cars.com and find the exact car I want 300 miles away that just showed up. Get to talking to the guy in a chat, and the car is the EXACT car I ordered. Call him, he gives me a great price, I counter anyways, he says he will ship it next day on his flat bed for free, I say "SOLD!" I run down to my local Dodge dealership, tell them the deal, the concern, and mircalulously my car is suddenly in D stage and has a VIN after 8 days (even though both the sales person and sales manager assured me they would get that to me ASAP). We talk, I tell them cancel the order, I can't pass this up, especially with all the uncertainty with the order. They say they understand, but can't cancel it (which everything I've read leads me to believe unless it is in D1 it can be canceled or adjusted), that they are getting the car regardless. I politely thank them, tell them I won't be taking it, and they can keep the deposit. We shake hands, I don't try to push for the $500 deposit back because there is a chance the car comes when it is supposed to.
Truck leaves 5AM, drives 9 hrs to my house, car is perfect, sign the paperwork, and hand him the check, and the fam and I spend the next 3 hours driving all over the place.
What a car! Thanks everyone on the sight with the great stories and posts that helped lead me to this car over the other options.
I feel slightly guilty over the local dealership, but they were selling it to me for $500 over cost they say, so even if they can't cancel the car, they have my deposit and can still sell the car. Oh well, reason for deposits I suppose.
Too bad some rain ruined the car wash I just gave her, but got a lot of thumbs up and rubberneck stares driving around.
How insane is it to find the exact car I orderd just waiting to be shipped to my house for $100 more than the one I ordered? The black on black didn't seem to be that popular of a combo- and STP to boot. I got lucky!

·
Registered
5 Posts
You'll really enjoy your car! I just got mine--same colors as yours and loaded to the gills! STP rules!

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

congrats and anticipation all at the same time but the premagrin is coming soon :thumbsup: looks like you got what you were after!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts