Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently placed an order for a new 2016 SCAT Pack Challenger and I could not be more excited.
I will be trading in my 2013 Rallye Redline (V6) and stepping up to the 6.4
I was curious as to how long it took other to hear from Dodge with information on the start of the build process.

Below is my current baby, I won't lie and say I will not miss my first Challenger but on to bigger and better >:)

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Got my SRT exactly 6 weeks from order date.
It takes about a month or so for them to build it.
Once they start building it, it takes 2 days, unless you have to go for upfitting. Shaker/Stripes, etc.

Reactions: 2013Redline

·
Registered
463 Posts
2016 production starts on September 21.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd say it depends on what options you ordered....

I ordered my Scat Pack Shaker 3 days after the order banks opened. My car went to D status really fast... and now I just checked with the live chat and its gone back to C status....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thanks for the feedback.
I ordered a Redline Red Tricoat Pearl, Scat Pack Appearance group, Sun Roof, Driver Convenience Package and Leather upgrade.
I feel like this is going to be the longest two months of my life so far :\

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Where are you located? Shipping time can seem to take forever. If you are south or east, the new cars sit in Buffalo for up to five days while they "build the train." If you're west, I'm not sure where the train yard is, but it can take even longer. Then the next time consumer is the car sits in the destination yard until the trucking company can pick it up, which can also take time.

My wait was a few days over 4 weeks, living in Delaware, about 500 miles from Buffalo.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I ordered my Scat Pack Shaker 3 days after the order banks opened. My car went to D status really fast... and now I just checked with the live chat and its gone back to C status....
Same here, and we're both around vin 600, SPS cars, although mine is an A8 Granite Grey. Hope whatever's going on is just some minor setback.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where are you located? Shipping time can seem to take forever. If you are south or east, the new cars sit in Buffalo for up to five days while they "build the train." If you're west, I'm not sure where the train yard is, but it can take even longer. Then the next time consumer is the car sits in the destination yard until the trucking company can pick it up, which can also take time.

My wait was a few days over 4 weeks, living in Delaware, about 500 miles from Buffalo.
I'm in California in the San Francisco Bay.
I just hope it doesn't take longer than 8 weeks.
The dealer has told me they have seen cars come in as early as 5 weeks and as late as 12 weeks.

·
Registered
14,951 Posts
I'd say it depends on what options you ordered....

Then it looks like a part necessary to build your vehicle is on restriction on temporarily not available hence the move back to C. When whatever is the holdup is cleared, then it will go back to D then hopefully soon to D1.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts