Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order for a 1320 on Saturday. Today I stopped in the dealership and already have a VON and VIN. Frostbite with black cloth, A8, red brake calibers, hood pins, passenger seat, and harma kardon radiio. Looking to bracket race the wheels off the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the race ready clan. Waiting for track here to finally open up to get some test and tune runs in for practice before tripping on myself at a race for sure. 2019 1320 in Indigo Blue here. My only request from Dodge was I wish they would have incorporated the launch controls rev limiter into the trans brake. Having to concentrate on rpm while still focus on tree is less than optimal on a car with the technology it has. Literally my only build complaint. Stepping up to MT drag radials would have a much better choice also but whatever. You will enjoy it for sure.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the race ready clan. Waiting for track here to finally open up to get some test and tune runs in for practice before tripping on myself at a race for sure. 2019 1320 in Indigo Blue here. My only request from Dodge was I wish they would have incorporated the launch controls rev limiter into the trans brake. Having to concentrate on rpm while still focus on tree is less than optimal on a car with the technology it has. Literally my only build complaint. Stepping up to MT drag radials would have a much better choice also but whatever. You will enjoy it for sure.
Indigo Blue is a great color. Classy yet evil. I hear ya on the trans brake. IMP pointless unless a low rev limiter is used. I don't think I will have enough time to stage, search for the launch rpm, both paddles, release one then look at the tree. Your have abouit 2 seconds once both are staged before auto start drops the tree. A 12 second car will usually go out first. When i foot break i stop before lighting the pre stage then bring it up to launch rpm. I use the brake to move forward at my launch rpm and stage. Launch RPM is critical as a 100 rpm will change your RT by .010. Launch RPM is the way I fine tune my RT's. What I wasn't able to order was the 6 piston Brembo's. I'm sure they would scrub more ET when doing a finish line dump. A+++ on the M/T drag radials. They are amazing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've done a bit of parking lot practice on the trans brake. The one good thing about reducing the cumbersome transbrake sequence is being able to bring the rpm up with paddles pulled back and slipping the foot brake into stage then release one paddle then brake. It is still a bit of an art to keep the rpm constant without looking at the tach constantly but practice makes manageability. Lol. Two week until opening test n tune event here in the Seattle area. Can't wait! Congrats again on pulling the trigger!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've done a bit of parking lot practice on the trans brake. The one good thing about reducing the cumbersome transbrake sequence is being able to bring the rpm up with paddles pulled back and slipping the foot brake into stage then release one paddle then brake. It is still a bit of an art to keep the rpm constant without looking at the tach constantly but practice makes manageability. Lol. Two week until opening test n tune event here in the Seattle area. Can't wait! Congrats again on pulling the trigger!
Bring it up to launch RPM and listen. You can hear the RPM. Then focus on the bulb. I was hoping to be able to slide the car in at rpm. thanks.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,451 Posts
Nice, congrats on the order. That 1320 is a very cool package and in the new Frostbite color too. Looking forward to seeing some pics when you get it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts