Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all this talk of more horsepower, better sound, better look, all that Tim Allen stuff. I couldn't take it anymore so I orded a K&N CAI, 180 Tstat, and Predator Tune.

This is a big stretch for me as the only thing I have ever built correctly is a sandwich (quite professionaly I might add).

Hopefully with youtube and instructions I can mount these simple items without the engine falling out.

Looks like it's out with the mayo knife and in with the screwdriver. Wish me luck. :notallthere:

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Well all this talk of more horsepower, better sound, better look, all that Tim Allen stuff. I couldn't take it anymore so I orded a K&N CAI, 180 Tstat, and Predator Tune.

This is a big stretch for me as the only thing I have ever built correctly is a sandwich (quite professionaly I might add).

Hopefully with youtube and instructions I can mount these simple items without the engine falling out.

Looks like it's out with the mayo knife and in with the screwdriver. Wish me luck. :notallthere:
LMAO well at least you know your limitations. We can all help you along if you run into a issue you cannot get past. There are 20000 members here and we are all for one another.
Good luck and happy moding:bigthumb:

·
Banned
811 Posts

Cancel the Predator order if you do in fact have a 2011. It doesn't work with the 2011 Challenger.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for looking out for the noob. I canceled the predator and interface kit...gotta tell ya I feel all empty inside now. Is there an alternative or am I just in limbo with my 2011?

·
Banned
811 Posts
ICON, they are working on 2011 support, but there's no ETA. Best not to buy any sort of programmer/tuner until 2011 support is more than just vaporware.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that I have discovered that running to the internet store screaming give me COOKIE was ill advised I have started reading the instructions ie...forum posts. Am I reading correctly that the 63-1114 K&N CAI that I ordered is just going to look cool only? I think I need a drink....can I at least lower the car lol?

·
Registered
416 Posts
CAI will net you maybe 5hp?! I'd suggest holding off until there's a tune for the car... then jump in.

Legmaker's CAI's are well built, hand crafted and Chris (legmaker) is a GREAT GUY to top it off. I believe he even has various colors available now. Plus, one of his designs (as pictured above) actually grabs COLDER air from outside of the engine bay... CAI's who's filter is inside the engine bay simply suck hot air (not ideal).

IMO, I'd buy a legmaker one...

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hey ICON,
It's ok man, you were just really excited to have your new ride! Congrats on the 2011! Besides the CAI looks a whole better than stock right? Keep reading the forums man you will learn a lot! They are a great resource!

Look at the bright side? At least you can make a MEAN sandwich! haha jk.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mind as well nix the thermostat as well as you need a predator to change fan settings for full benefit.

Thought about that about 5 minutes after I canceled the tune, and got it taken care of, but couldn't canel CAI. I'll just send it back, sit on my hands and hope my head daoesn't explode. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Get a skip shift eliminator. It's like $15 part. And takes care of that annoying shift lock out. I am pretty sure that has not changed for the 2011 models. ( but honestly not sure) However, that's any easy mod to do. It was my 1st mod.
This forum is full of great advice and good guys to help you out!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If you hve a 2011, you should cancel the K&N and wait until they make a replacement stock filter.

The airbox design of the 2011 is much better at pulling fender air in and the stock tube already has a 4" to 3.5" reducer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts