Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I finally went for it and ordered my 2011 SXT (That is the Canadian version of the base SE) - with the Mopar Interior Appearance Group, Brilliant Black, cloth seats.
Should be in in 8 weeks.
Very excited.
Richard

·
Registered
498 Posts
None of the dealers around me have many of any trim level on the lots (except the IE, lots of those around), and they are all saying 6-8 weeks. I ordered last Friday and he didnt even have an allocation.......we will see.

Your black might cause you a problem because of the metal flake.

Good luck on your order.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mean black might be a problem because of that shortage of paint material? I hope not, the guy said since I ordered soon it should not be a problem, what have you heard about it?

·
Registered
498 Posts
You mean black might be a problem because of that shortage of paint material? I hope not, the guy said since I ordered soon it should not be a problem, what have you heard about it?
Yes because of the shortage. I believe that was one of the colors that would soon be on restriction. Good luck.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On dodge.ca no colours are X'd out, on dodge.com if you go to the challenger section you will see some colours are X'd out but BB is not one of them - we will see

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
congrats and post up some pics when she comes in

·
Registered
478 Posts
Rich, you might want to get RS's take on the color. i'm sure I saw where Brilliant Black, among others, was now completely restrained. I wouldnt necessarilly take my dealer's word for gospel on that. And the Dodge site is never current.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats on your choice of car. Sorry you may have to wait.
I ordered my SXT on Nov 18,2010 and its built and in storage at Canadas Wonderland. I hope it shows up before yours but it might not, lets wait and see. I was told 8 to 12 weeks but whos counting?

·
Registered
58 Posts
26G I was after the leather heated seats and added the sunroof as I'm giving up my 06 Mustang Ragtop
If it takes much longer though I can put the top down before I deal it

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds really nice, 26E was the code used in my order I believe.
Hope they come soon!
Richard

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Rich, you might want to get RS's take on the color. i'm sure I saw where Brilliant Black, among others, was now completely restrained. I wouldnt necessarilly take my dealer's word for gospel on that. And the Dodge site is never current.
Thanks for the tip - I contacted him and this is what he had to say:

"No one really knows the extent that the pigment shortage is going to affect production. I believe that they had enough supplies in stock to last awhile, and they are conserving them by restricting new vehicle orders in the affected colors. IF the system accepted your order than you should be ok"

On Dodge Cars Trucks Minivans SUVs in Canada - Home - dodge.ca now there are only 3 colours for the challenger listed now: White, Grey, and Toxic Orange

Thanks again,
Richard

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good Luck and Happy Motoring brother!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
congrats !
why not get your dealer to bring one in for you ?
more challengers on the lots around here than mustangs and camaros combined !
* 2010's mind you

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just looked at the site link........It appears that in canada the manual trans is an extra cost option for 2011.........in the us the auto is the extra cost option for 2011

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,624 Posts
Reactions: theblaisez24
1 - 20 of 26 Posts