Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my order placed for a F8 green Scat Pack today and when I got home I realised that we missed the scat pack appearance package on the build... The dealer is going to fix that but couldn't change it in the system since it was just placed. Anyone have any experience changing a build once the order has been placed?

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
the order probably is only in BA status and hasn't been validated for the sales codes selected. Once its at BG status, they ought to be able to modify items on the order.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh, Neat info. Seemed odd that it wasn't editable right away which is why I was wondering.

In any case, it's a F8 Green R/T Scat Pack Automatic

WRT Wheels
Sound Group 2
Leather Package
Driver Convenience Package
Scat Pack Appearance (one they fix that)
8.4 Nav
No front license plate bracket installed

Now comes an anxious couple days while I wait for it to be corrected and get a new build sheet, then two months of waiting... Was a fairly painless process actually, The particular dealership did want to charge over invoice since it was a order and that was their standard for custom orders (and couldn't be talked down) so I signed up for tread lightly for affiliate pricing while I was talking to them and that got me the affiliate pricing instead. They did give me a trade in price that should be good when the car arrives. So far so good. :)

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,881 Posts
I ordered a car last October, got home and wasn't sure about something and when I tried to change it, the dealership was unable to do so....the same day or any day after, Car arrived 3 months later and I took it as was...Hope it works out for you man!

·
Registered
632 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, at least it's not an item that requires wiring or something, so worst case scenario I can basically do everything but the hectic mesh inserts aftermarket. Really want to avoid any chrome on the car, I really like how black contrasts against the green so the primary reasons for the scat pack appearance group for me would be the stripe and the fuel filler door both of which I could do aftermarket. I looked this morning and even found oem black grills so I could replace everything I care about for roughly the cost of the package. Thankfully it's not the end of the world like if I forgot one of the other packages, this one's at least fixable aftermarket.

·
Registered
14,281 Posts
You'd get the hectic mesh on the car with the leather group either way, it's just whatever look you like and you'll definitely love the HID headlights.

Should have no trouble adding SPAG since it's so early. It will be probably a couple weeks in status D so that is the time to make the change. Once it goes to D1 and is scheduled for production and all parts are lined up to build the car, then you cannot make any changes.

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah the HID headlights are also in the driver convenience group which was on the build sheet(I checked a dozen times this morning). I really missed those when I got my truck and went back to halogen from my last challenger. So really it's just a couple random bee logos inside the car from what I can tell and I can do the couple other items relatively cheaply. Won't lose any sleep either way thankfully.

Oh and on the topic of the tail stripe, I'm actually a fan of it. It's one of the items that drew me to the Scat Pack, but I might do a unique one even if he can change it, been looking at the various companies vinyl options and found a few interesting tail stripes that I might actually swap out for. BUT I'm gonna keep a tail stripe either way.

·
Registered
14,281 Posts
Ok good deal on the HIDs, so now you're getting everything except the black front grille, fuel door and stripe and those three things will cost $1,395. Seems high but that's what they do. You're getting the Bees either way, the standard now on all SPs but not sure about bee dash startup, if you need SPAG to get that.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok good deal on the HIDs, so now you're getting everything except the black front grille, fuel door and stripe and those three things will cost $1,395. Seems high but that's what they do. You're getting the Bees either way, the standard now on all SPs but not sure about bee dash startup, if you need SPAG to get that.
Could always get a tazer and turn that on. :)

·
Premium Member
9,360 Posts
Can’t they just cancel the order and start over?
I saw my first F8 Challenger today and it was and AWD model, another first for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, they got it changed today and it's already at D status with a VIN assigned. I've triple checked that I didn't screw anything else up and couldn't find any other messups so now comes the long wait for it's arrival.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
Well, they got it changed today and it's already at D status with a VIN assigned. I've triple checked that I didn't screw anything else up and couldn't find any other messups so now comes the long wait for it's arrival.
Once you get to D1 it will have the estimated week of the build. Usually within 30 days of the D1 assignment is the build, sometimes can shift around a bit

In general the ETA delivery date to dealer is fairly close, once its actually built.

·
Registered
453 Posts
No it doesn't. It's what separates the Scat Packs from all the other Challengers.
I like it so much,I even put on the extension tail stripe :) Just noticed I still have old pic there :(

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I hate the butt stripes on those cars. It's like someone said, "hey, remember the stripe on the '70 Challengers? Let's do that!" And then they hired someone that decided to follow some weird line on the car, not make it all the way to the rear, have it lean backwards, and not go to the bottom of the side. It's so f-ing ugly. Did someone design it, and the first installer sneeze when he was putting it on, and they made all the rest the same?

On a related question... Has anyone tried to recreate the original '70 stripe look on an '08 or newer Challenger? Maybe it isn't possible to make it look right with the shape of the rear. I'd like to see pictures if anyone has seen any.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
I hate the butt stripes on those cars. It's like someone said, "hey, remember the stripe on the '70 Challengers? Let's do that!" And then they hired someone that decided to follow some weird line on the car, not make it all the way to the rear, have it lean backwards, and not go to the bottom of the side. It's so f-ing ugly. Did someone design it, and the first installer sneeze when he was putting it on, and they made all the rest the same?

On a related question... Has anyone tried to recreate the original '70 stripe look on an '08 or newer Challenger? Maybe it isn't possible to make it look right with the shape of the rear. I'd like to see pictures if anyone has seen any.
Lol, I agree 100%. Got rid of mine, and never looked back. I like the '70s design a lot better though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts