Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black with grey stripes, 6spd and all the options. Got it for 500 under invoice but when the finance lady wrote the paper work up for the deposit she wrote it up for 1500 under so I hope they stick to that price!

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Gratz, and just keep in mind that the wait is all part of the experience!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Congrats! I have the same thing except I've got the 5 spd. Good luck with the wait, let me know if you need help tracking it in the coming weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
You can get your VIN from your dealer when your car gets to status D. That will probably take a couple of weeks from order. You will be able to track your order once it gets to status D1. That will be one week to up to a month after status D. At status D1 you will become a status tracking junkie, checking at least once per hour as it will consume your life. LOL.

So once the dealer gets the vin then I can track it right?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i dont know why anyone would order a Challenger after hearing all the stories with the IE's....like 1/2 the IE's orders were canceled because the dealerships got them before the orders..your putting yourself last in line!!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
The orders are moving a lot faster now huggy. I think the reason the IEs and other early delivery 392s took so long to be built is because they were overloaded with orders placed as far back as late August. That's about 4 months of orders with none being built. That's one hell of a game of catch-up, plus the weather screwed up a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Congrats! Your order will be fine. Worth the wait! Opinons fly deep around here so take them with a grain a salt..sit back pop open a can of beer and enjoy the ride it will be a rollar coaster!

·
Registered
131 Posts
You can get your VIN from your dealer when your car gets to status D. That will probably take a couple of weeks from order. You will be able to track your order once it gets to status D1. That will be one week to up to a month after status D. At status D1 you will become a status tracking junkie, checking at least once per hour as it will consume your life. LOL.

HAHAHAH!!! X-D I know that feeling... I have the a link to tracking info on my homepage...

Something in my mind says the more I check the status website... the quicker the vehicle should arrive...:)

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
i dont know why anyone would order a Challenger after hearing all the stories with the IE's....like 1/2 the IE's orders were canceled because the dealerships got them before the orders..your putting yourself last in line!!!
The more things change the more they stay the same. Glass 1/2 full? lol

Some have more patience than a 2 year old and can handle a little rock in the road.

OP, good luck with your ordered car, you will love it.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Congrats Bro! I got my vin and in a little over a week It went to D1! I too said a couple of month wouldn't be a problem...till I joined this sight! Reading all the reviews just makes me want it worse!!! It has been a ride that's for sure!
Congrats again!!!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
The orders are moving a lot faster now huggy. I think the reason the IEs and other early delivery 392s took so long to be built is because they were overloaded with orders placed as far back as late August. That's about 4 months of orders with none being built. That's one hell of a game of catch-up, plus the weather screwed up a lot of stuff.
HA!....my car sat in Canada in a parking lot for 2 months, while i saw dealer ordered cars ship w/o even going to the yard for a day.....dealers are first and ordered cars are last...the combo he ordered is going to be easy to find...id just find one...he will be waiting until June

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
The more things change the more they stay the same. Glass 1/2 full? lol

Some have more patience than a 2 year old and can handle a little rock in the road.

OP, good luck with your ordered car, you will love it.

from order to when i went out and bought another car was 1 week short of 6 months...i waited too long

why wait when you dont have to? spring is here and steady driving is 2 weeks away....do you want to wait until mid summer?

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im not worried about the wait, as I have been waiting since Jan. of 09 to get a challenger. A few more months wont hurt me. Ill probably drive the car year round since we dont salt the roads around here.

·
Registered
653 Posts
HA!....my car sat in Canada in a parking lot for 2 months, while i saw dealer ordered cars ship w/o even going to the yard for a day.....dealers are first and ordered cars are last...the combo he ordered is going to be easy to find...id just find one...he will be waiting until June
Pretty sure you're right on the dealer cars getting here first.
The car I ordered in November didn't go in as a sold order, it came in March 1, bought it on sight. The car I ordered early January as a sold order is still in Canada and won't get here until late April probably.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
what is the advantage of ordering the car? there isnt one

do you save money ? nope
do you get it quicker? nope

the only reason is to get exact options...with the money i saved by dumping my order i was able to afford more options..i went from stripped to loaded

i didnt mind the wait either...until i was last to get his and i was still waiting.....in 3 months we will see how happy you are to wait....i took it well for about 4 months and then i started to crack....finally after 5 1/2 months id had enough and started shopping around...i refused to wait 1 more week....finally i told the wife 'were getting a challenger this morning'....then we went out and bought one

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what is the advantage of ordering the car? there isnt one

do you save money ? nope
do you get it quicker? nope

the only reason is to get exact options...with the money i saved by dumping my order i was able to afford more options..i went from stripped to loaded

i didnt mind the wait either...until i was last to get his and i was still waiting.....in 3 months we will see how happy you are to wait....i took it well for about 4 months and then i started to crack....finally after 5 1/2 months id had enough and started shopping around...i refused to wait 1 more week....finally i told the wife 'were getting a challenger this morning'....then we went out and bought one

Do you really think that after reading all of your and everyone elses butthurt posts about their cars not being shipped, I would order one if I didn't expect the same thing? Im in no hurry to get the car and I fully expect it to take forever to get here. I was able to get a much better deal by ordering a car than buying one off the lot. I could have drove off in a blue ie yesterday but I didn't want the white seats.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
A big plus will be your name on the window sticker!
Priceless.
BB

1 - 20 of 49 Posts