Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after test driving an R/T last Saturday, thought about it all week, and stopped by the dealer today, and ordered a new SRT.

Billet, stripe delete, SRT Option II, 730N, Automatic

Looked around the area, and lots of IEs available, but no Billet and not really much of any non-IE SRTs. Dealer and I came to a nice deal I think, gave me what I think is a very good price my trade in for my 07 Corvette (at least what I thought it would be).

Very smooth and easy deal, couldn't have been easier. Know I'll be waiting for quite a while, but thats okay, I'd rather wait and get exactly what I want.

32 plus years of driving GM and almost all Chevy's, I feel a little bit like a traitor or something, but I'm really looking forward to getting my SRT. Lots to learn on this car for me, I'm fully aware of Chevy history, engines, transmissions, etc, so I'm looking forward to learning from you guys all about Dodge and the Challenger history.

Scott

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy and welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Congrats! You won't regret it and you won't be waiting long. I ordered that same car for a customer (except it was a manual) exactly 2 weeks ago and it shipped yesterday and will be here within the next 10 days or so.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats! You won't regret it and you won't be waiting long. I ordered that same car for a customer (except it was a manual) exactly 2 weeks ago and it shipped yesterday and will be here within the next 10 days or so.
Be nice if it arrived that fast, but I'm assuming a nice 8-12 week or more wait, and that way I won't be disappointed if it takes that long. Less than that and I'll be surprised.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Nice:thumbsup: You will not be disappointed. These cars are very nice. Great drivers lots of power look great. I could not be happier with mine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congratulations. Just ordered my srt8 on 3/4. order went in on 3/10. I waited 30 years to buy a car like this, ever since I was a kid and saw the cudas cruzin around. I guess waiting a couple of months won't kill me...I hope.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
40 years of GM only and now 2 MOPARs so you aren't the only traitor. I think you will enjoy it!

And don't neglect to use your SRT Track Experience voucher.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Billet, stripe delete, SRT Option II, 730N, Automatic
Aaaahhhh! You sure you wouldn't rather have a Toxic Orange or GWE or Brilliant Black?

I mean, Billet? That color sucks? And stripe delete? Come on!!!!

:)sneaky: JK! For some reason, I don't want anymore Billets made with stripe delete. :sneaky:)

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I have to admit that I just thought Billet was a new name for silver and it would be the same as 2010 (which I liked also), but was very impressed the first time I saw it in person. Definitely different than Bright Silver and on HOT color. Good choice guys!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aaaahhhh! You sure you wouldn't rather have a Toxic Orange or GWE or Brilliant Black?

I mean, Billet? That color sucks? And stripe delete? Come on!!!!

:)sneaky: JK! For some reason, I don't want anymore Billets made with stripe delete. :sneaky:)

Well, I've had just about every other color at some time in the past (white, black, red, blue, and silver). I've found that silver type of cars look the best on a daily basis - hide scratches and dirt easily. Black? What a nightmare to own, never again. I'm not a bright color guy (I hated my last red car).

Plus, I saw pics of yours, and decided it was the best color choice. :) Actually haven't seen it in person yet, but I know I'll like it. Might have gone with DWB if that was an option for a non-IE.

Mine does have different wheels than yours (and no sunroof) if that makes you feel better. Plus, I looked around, there are virtually no Billets anywhere. I don't think there will be that many made.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts