Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 years and being on this forum talking to the folks here. I finally pulled the trigger on a Kenne bell. The shop that I go to orders it from them dorectly. I can't wait for it. It will probably take a month to a month and a half. They said when they order superchargers it's usually a 3-6 week wait but he'd let me know for sure tomorrow. I got the air fuel gauge done and spark plugs will be done at the time of install. I wanna say thanks to everyone for answering my questions on my previous posts. And because of everyone here, it convinced me to be safe and worth it over a cam. For anyone interested. I will be doing a full review on here and YouTube. I'll compare my 0-60 times and such. I'llbe sure to take before and after videos of acceleration as well. So if anyone is on the fence. Stay tuned!!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Congrats. I got the boost a pump, and used the NGK spark plugs in the heat range recommended by KB. That barely detectable whine at idle is like a voice saying “I’m here if you need me.
Liquid Cooled 2.8 Litre Twin Screw Liquid Cooled FUN.

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats. I got the boost a pump, and used the NGK spark plugs in the heat range recommended by KB. That barely detectable whine at idle is like a voice saying “I’m here if you need me.
Liquid Cooled 2.8 Litre Twin Screw Liquid Cooled FUN.

View attachment 1019358
Thank you!! I also got the boost a pump as well. I'm hoping it won't be a 3-6 week ship time. I was going to order it online but I'm more comfortable ordering thru my shop, but hhp says 2-3 week ship time so I'm hoping it's closer to that. Also. Do you buy chance have the part number for the spark plugs you got? I keep seeing different things. I was going with ngk 4306.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Not sure. Been a while. Will check. You have time, available otc locally.

i had been communicating directly with a tech from KB in SoCal.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Software
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Number

Plugs are critical. Put the correct ones in the first time. I didn’t and had to remove the drivers side intake tube to change them out. Techs there are really helpful.

·
Registered
116 Posts
After 3 years and being on this forum talking to the folks here. I finally pulled the trigger on a Kenne bell. The shop that I go to orders it from them dorectly. I can't wait for it. It will probably take a month to a month and a half. They said when they order superchargers it's usually a 3-6 week wait but he'd let me know for sure tomorrow. I got the air fuel gauge done and spark plugs will be done at the time of install. I wanna say thanks to everyone for answering my questions on my previous posts. And because of everyone here, it convinced me to be safe and worth it over a cam. For anyone interested. I will be doing a full review on here and YouTube. I'll compare my 0-60 times and such. I'llbe sure to take before and after videos of acceleration as well. So if anyone is on the fence. Stay tuned!!
Can't wait to hear about your experience. I was looking at the Kenne Belle, but they don't offer it for the 2015+ 5.7's last time I checked. What year is your car? Also, what made you decide to go with the KB? Just curious...

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Not the OP, but the Whipple was not 50 state compliant for my 09. Also, my Shop had installed KB’s before so no pioneering. Valaya Motorsports, San Jose.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can't wait to hear about your experience. I was looking at the Kenne Belle, but they don't offer it for the 2015+ 5.7's last time I checked. What year is your car? Also, what made you decide to go with the KB? Just curious...
Thanks man. Mines an 11. When I do my video review I'll explain in detail more. But basically. 1st
Chrome polish was a must and an under hood bling type of feel. I almost went with magnuson but they don't have chrome. 2nd. It pretty much has unlimited potential if I ever decide to turn this into a track car. 3rd. The whine. I couldn't tell about others that much but based on my research twin screws were louder than roots. And procharger wasnt on the table after I decided positive displacement was my route. To me it just seemed like the best option for me. I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong tho.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well bad news. The shop called me back and there's a 16 week ship time. They were apparently shut down for a while and they're struggling to get the manifolds in. So it most likely won't be done till august unless a miracle happens

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: I called them asked for the status and they said it will be done in 2-3 weeks. Im losing sleep I'm so excited lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts