Dodge Challenger Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
If you can just get your deposit back, then what is the reason for the deposit in the first place? A deposit is meant as a way of ""committing" to something - so that the seller knows that you are actually buying something and not jus wasting their time. A dealership has to expend time and effort to order a car - they should be compensated for it.

Personally, if I were in the car selling business, I would require a signature along with the deposit - and the signature would be agreeing to the fact that it's a non-refundable deposit - that way they are covered.

Going back on your word and "loudly" demanding your deposit back is like a child screaming and crying when they don't get their way - it is NOT "standing up for yourself" - it's showing that you simply can't be trusted.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SXT, Octane Red Metallic, Ruby Red/Black Int.
268 Posts
no its bending over that never accomplishes a thing. Salesman and sales staff are trained to get control and take the upper hand. To eat sheep for lunch. If you want to pay them for nothing then thats your consern but I dont take shit from anyone. Its sad in this world today that standing up for yourself portraits a guy as a radical ass! I suppose it makes me racist too somehow!!
I never said rascist. I just know from 35 years of dealing with the public in my job that you will get better results by treating people the same way you would want to be treated.

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
21 years ago we took a $2,500 deposit from a couple who wanted to buy our house. We moved out of the house to another state 1,000 miles away, made a few home inspection repairs that we had to get the builder involved in and thought all was good. We were about 90 days into this and the week before closing they backed out, no reason. I guess that found a place they liked better. In that 90 days the housing market prices had dropped. I told the R.E. Agent we were keeping the deposit. He said you can't. I argued isn't that what a deposit is for? He said you can't keep it (this was in CA). He said I could sue them for the deposit but it would cost me more to sue than the $2,500 so just walk away. I was royally pissed. We changed R.E. agents immediately and the agent walked through the house and made a full price offer to us on the spot. We accepted. Deposits are not deposits anymore. I don't know why not, I don't know if their different in different places but it all seems like a card game anymore. Used to be you could trust someone with a handshake.
If had it, they would have to sue me to get it back.
The REA be damned. They are working for me. I do not take orders from them.

Reactions: lws43

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
814 Posts
well my experience is if you walk into a car dealership and dont show them your an alpha they will lie and tell you about anything to get there way. Goes for something like this. Warrantee claims or even buying a new car. Ill save my NICE for sunday at church. Like is said back when it happened to me the buick dealers said they couldnt keep it. I went in and ask for it back and they said NO. If i wouldnt have got in his face they would have kept my money just like they probably do to many SUCKERS.

I get along just fine with my dealership. They know me and know im a no nonsense type of guy that is brutely honest and expect the same. Screw me and youll know it. Try to jack me around on a deal or a warrantee issue and they know they wont see me again and they also know i buy a new vechicle from them at least every 3 years. But the way i bought many chevs from that same dealership after that shuffle and they sure didnt hold it against me. Matter of fact ordered 2 different silverados and they didnt even ask for money down.

Matter of fact they knew me by my first name when i walked in the next time. Ive had the same dealer at the chev shop for 15 years. When i bought my ram the showroom is owned by the same people and is in the same complex. I told the wrangler from the dodge dealer i wouldnt buy it unless my dealer from the chev section sold it to me.Sales manager made a call and it was doen. came in 2 years later to buy a ram and the sales manager told the salesmen that jumped up to sit down and he picked up the phone before i even said anything.

Like i said join the herd of sheep if you want. Give them your money even when they have no right to keep it. I dont care. Its your money. A car dealer sure wont jack me around.

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
I never said rascist. I just know from 35 years of dealing with the public in my job that you will get better results by treating people the same way you would want to be treated.
This is generally true. It can also be a way to get walked all over.
Sometimes you do indeed have to pull out the "big guns".

Reactions: lws43

·
Registered
43 Posts
All Chrysler dealers when you order a vehicle you can LOCK IN the incentives at the time of order. When the ordered vehicle comes in you can get the locked in incentives or if they changed for the better you can take them. You won’t loose incentives by ordering.
They didn't let me lock any incentives in on the car i ordered today, said only what rebates available at time of delivery applied

·
Premium Member
10,278 Posts
They didn't let me lock any incentives in on the car i ordered today, said only what rebates available at time of delivery applied
That’s how I’ve always told it would be.
What did you order and what time frame did they give you?

·
Registered
43 Posts
That’s how I’ve always told it would be.
What did you order and what time frame did they give you?
Scat pack wide body, plus package and driver convenience group, didn’t really give me a time frame, said 1-2 months could be more. I put a deposit down they haven’t gaven a VON or VIN yet

·
Banned
2021 Scat Pack
206 Posts
The dealer has to lock them in at the time of order. I got the 2k rebate offered in May when I ordered my car 5/6 when my car came in 6/19.

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
They can. Did it for me.
Rebate.jpg

Reactions: Germansheperd1

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,703 Posts
They can't necessarily lock in everything, especially financing which is Chrysler Capital. On dollar rebates they can lock in all if they want to cover any difference themselves. On incentives that are specifically able to be locked in, they have to do it right

A Guy

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
43 Posts
0% doesn’t always work in your favor. If you happen to pay the car off early you could potentially throw money away.
Would you rather take the $1500 rebate? The deal ends 6/30 though, and i think its already too late for me to go back to the dealer to have them lock that in for me since ive already ordered the car and paid deposit

·
Banned
2021 Scat Pack
206 Posts
Would you rather take the $1500 rebate? The deal ends 6/30 though, and i think its already too late for me to go back to the dealer to have them lock that in for me since ive already ordered the car and paid deposit
Depends. I bought a new 2020 Fusion last November and paid it off this past April. If I had taken 0% I would have thrown Thousands in the trash.
If you are going to make payments for 2 or more years take the 0%. If you are going to pay it off in a year or so take the rebate.

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
Since I was going to finance for 5 years and just make the payments I told the dealer either 0% or 3k rebate was fine with me. On paper it was a wash.
Since they can't predict financing deals, they locked the rebate.
Don't know if they really locked it with Dodge or if they were going to take a chance on eating it to get the sale. And don't really care.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts