Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to mikey on the phone yesterday and ordered them. I am thinking I messed up due to a crappy phone connection as my order says I declined clamps but am using stock tips...lol. I am seeing an emergency run to pep boys come Saturday morning since my ups guy sucks and prolly won't get here til 8 pm on Friday night. :cool:

Reactions: SRT8U

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
You can re-use the stock tip clamps. They have a small spot weld on them. You just
have to rock the clamps back and fourth to break the spot weld and then re-use.

That's what I did :)

Reactions: RedRider

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can re-use the stock tip clamps. They have a small spot weld on them. You just
have to rock the clamps back and fourth to break the spot weld and then re-use.

That's what I did :)
Sweet!! Thanks for the heads up...one less set of unused parts laying around in my garage this way!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well picked up the box from UPS this morning and loaded allthe parts in my trunk...cant wait til lunchtime to start jackignup the car. I must say, all my last cars used a 2 1/2 inch pipe...the 3 inch pipes look HUGE!!! All the pics I have ever seen of this exhaust do not do the craftsmanship justice at all!! It was quite intimidating looking as I loaded up all the parts!! LOLOL Just ridiculous how over built this stuff is!!

Reactions: Speedlogix-Sales

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
You will not be disappointed. Zoomers on a Hemi is the best sound for these cars IMO, and I've heard a lot in person. For my R/T they had to use 2.25" pipes to properly scavenge the exhaust gases, I can't imagine how the big 3" pipes look! :smokin:

Reactions: SecretCajunMann

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I agree, I absolutely love what the Zoomers do for the sound of my HEMI!! :D

Reactions: SecretCajunMann

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Take a bunch of pics of the install. I'm still undecided about it. It's a lot of moola for an exhaust setup.
Sorry man, I am doing this in my garage on a couple of jackstands, so pics of the install were next to impossible..LOL. I can tell you it was an absolute BEAR to get the bolts loose on the stock exhaust at the front of the car...literally took me HOURS to get it. I had blown out my back a week and a half ago and am still recovering so I couldnt get enough torque to loosen the 2nd bolt since I was lying on my back with 5 inches of clearance, due to teh way the bolts are in there, and m ebeing on the ground, there was no way to get in with my impact gun, a deep socket, nothing...only thing you can use is an end wrench, and mine are these little wimpy 6 inch wrenches..LOL...ended up having to get a friend of mine over to help out with that one and since he was here and already laying on the ground, we quickly knocked out the rest of the install. Getting the stock off is by FAR AND AWAY the most difficult part of the install!!! The rubber mounts are a class 1 A BEYATCH due to the direction they need to come off (they are sideways vice front to back like most of my other cars have been)....but once we got the monstrosity of a stock exhaust off, its was smooth sailing.

The Zoomers was absolutely TOP NOTCH as far as the welds, fit and finish, how easily it went together. I just crawled under the car and had my buddy toss me the clamp, then the section, and I tossed it all on, slid it together without tightening anything at all, slipped the back end of the exhaust into the hangers...beat the snot out of the end with a piece of wood and a hammer...then crawled back under and tightened it all down...took all of 20 minutes once the stock was off the car!! And the fit was damn near perfect. All I have left is to put the stock tips back on. Everyone else has said you can just bust the stock clamps off by hand....well mine are welded a good inch and a half...LOL...and I dont have a grinder so I am waiting patiently for my buddy to finish up work and run his over to my house...the list of new tools I am getting is rapidly GROWING!!! (beefier set of end wrenches and a cheap grinder at top of list!! LOL)

Of course I have started it up and revved it a few times without the tips on while I am waiting....but I really want to get it out on the road and here what it sounds like under load...you know, dropping from 5th to 2nd and pounding the crap out out of WOT!! Thats what I got the exhaust for, not sitting in the garage in neutral... :D

Ohh and Mikey, thanks for the heads up on the billet green stuff!! It all got here today too!! So my engine bay is about 30% done now....the hunt for the rest is now on in full force!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Guys,

I've read that the Zoomers and Solo systems have no interior drone.
What are you real world experiences? I have blastin bobs w/magnaflow on my RT
now, but there is some drone in the usual 1.8-2k range and again with steady acceleration.
I'm close to grabbing the Zoomers, just would like a few more opinions.
( yep, need more than whats already out there. :) )

Thanks,
Don

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have no drone at all...granted it is sometimes loud but there is zero drone or at least what I call drone. (Kind of the reverberation you get in bigger cars when you only open one window and will go away if you open a window in opposite side of the car). The only thing you get with the zoomers is the sound of your car.

I can say the new exhaust has annihilated my gas mileage though...it sounds FANTASTIC above 3 grand so I am hammering away all the friggen time!! Lol

Reactions: Geno22
1 - 11 of 11 Posts