Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
There's no question here; the color you want is Octane. That color amazing in the sun. Also, I would describe it as a mature HIP color. Has pop but very tasteful and grownup.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Octane is dark, and will likely show dirt easier than the blue.

I'd be hard pressed to choose either myself.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT
307 Posts
Both are great colors I'm just not a fan of the color of the stripe.

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
Both colors are very nice, I love how deep and rich the shine is in the octane red, looks just like a ruby.
Now that the SRT has the scoop in the center of of hood and is cut out of the stripe, I personally would do without the stripe altogether. May all your difficult choices in life be such good ones.
Now the tough question, stick or automatic?

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both colors are very nice, I love how deep and rich the shine is in the octane red, looks just like a ruby.
Now that the SRT has the scoop in the center of of hood and is cut out of the stripe, I personally would do without the stripe altogether. May all your difficult choices in life be such good ones.
Now the tough question, stick or automatic?
Automatic for sure we both are in our 60,s.Wife hates the stripe me I like it looks old school.She loves the blue,I like the red..Maybe we will toss a coin when we order.:grin2:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Automatic for sure we both are in our 60,s.Wife hates the stripe me I like it looks old school.She loves the blue,I like the red..Maybe we will toss a coin when we order.:grin2:
Sounds like Octane w/o the stripes would be the best compromise!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Stripes look bad on the red car but I like the color. I don't like that shade of blue at all. B5, on the other hand, is a fantastic color.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Buy what you want, it's your car! Just imagine walking up to your car every day... what color would you rather walk up to?

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I absolutely love that blue and am surprised nobody else does.

Reactions: ONTHEFENCE

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Have either of you seen the colors in person? I feel that can sometimes make a big difference.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,611 Posts
While I like the blue, Octane Red is an awesome color. A Guy

·
Registered
879 Posts
First of all let me congratulate you for choosing two colours in a world of grayscale cars.

My choice is the blue. The Octane red needs the sun to bring out its best and does it ever! But the blue looks very good in all shades of light.

Your choice, a wrong one can't be made here.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Go with blue. Too many deep reds like octane on the streets. I also like the stripe: old school and makes a nice contrast.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
1,924 Posts
Typically your first thoughts are the best thoughts. I personally like them both. If possible compare to in person. But if it comes out to be equal, then I look at ease of maint and how will this car look to me in 10 years. The second part I think is important. I thought those those hot green challengers were cool, but told my self ehh not going to like it after a while. I see them now after I ordered three years later and glad I didn't.

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
This is an interesting thread, because we are all attracted to different things about a car.

I like the silver stripes myself. This is a "can't lose" situation when you have to choose between these 2 cars.

I would go with the Indigo Blue. :wink3:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts