Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states we are ordering a 2018 SRT 392 may 1st.What is the average time for it to arrive on my dealers lot? Is 7-9 weeks average? I am located in southern michigan.Thanks :smile:

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
That late, probably have it in a month or so in Michigan. July will be last month of 2018 production, you'll be able to order a 2019 in June and they'll start builds early August.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I know you aren't taking one off of the Dealer's lot but................ I'd go a day early. The dealers get all desperate the last day of the month. Make sure there aren't any laying around first that you could live with. Faster and cheaper!

Reactions: Trimec

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
As the title states we are ordering a 2018 SRT 392 may 1st.What is the average time for it to arrive on my dealers lot? Is 7-9 weeks average? I am located in southern michigan.Thanks :smile:
I remember those days, congratulations and enjoy the wait (not so bad) as it will be very well worth it. You’ll be posting pictures before you know it.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know you aren't taking one off of the Dealer's lot but................ I'd go a day early. The dealers get all desperate the last day of the month. Make sure there aren't any laying around first that you could live with. Faster and cheaper!
2018 SRT 392 challengers in this area are far and few between.:frown:We figured better to order what we want.:grin2:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I suggest to do some research on when the 2018 order window closes... last year I went to my dealer on April 15th to work up the exact car i wanted, negotiate pricing etc..... i chewed on it for THREE days.. went back to the dealer on April 18th to place the order... and was too late. I waited another TWO months for the '18 order window to open, and the waited another 4 months for the car to arrive... Little homework may save you a few months of waiting ( and frustrations ).

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suggest to do some research on when the 2018 order window closes... last year I went to my dealer on April 15th to work up the exact car i wanted, negotiate pricing etc..... i chewed on it for THREE days.. went back to the dealer on April 18th to place the order... and was too late. I waited another TWO months for the '18 order window to open, and the waited another 4 months for the car to arrive... Little homework may save you a few months of waiting ( and frustrations ).
Great information,thanks..

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
2018 SRT 392 challengers in this area are far and few between.:frown:We figured better to order what we want.:grin2:
sales on the SRT 392 are way down; many buyers went for Scat Pack or Hellcat models. The SRT 392 is the "middle child" in sales now.

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
Coobie, I order mine 4-11 took delivery 5-11, will yours be a daily driver? if you order in May you will be missing out on prime driving time. I was able to track mine from SHAP to dealer.

Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Coobie, I order mine 4-11 took delivery 5-11, will yours be a daily driver? if you order in May you will be missing out on prime driving time. I was able to track mine from SHAP to dealer.

Good luck
Not a daily driver more of a garage queen:smile:The wife and I have busted our asses working for 40 plus years and have a passion for Mopar products.This will be our retirement gift to each other might sound kind of Korney but this challenger will be our vacation/cruising around car.Plus winter our driver 2016 Ram 6.4 hemi 2500.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
We also just retired and got the Challenger. On the road you are no longer "normal". It is a whole nother way to commute. You two will love it! Plenty of room, comfy seats, handles on a dime, rolls smoke like nobody's business and ROARS! So yes an excellent choice I would say.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,643 Posts
You’ll be happy when it arrives. These are excellent cruisers and are great on road trips.

You know, your first road trip might be traveling to pick up your already built dream car. It may be sitting on a lot waiting for you. Search the Dodge website and you can search dealer stock countrywide by narrowing the search parameters. Now that would be a great way to enjoy the ride home!

Either way...... good luck and have fun with it.

·
Registered
2018 Billet Silver SRT 392 (1 of 2)
145 Posts
I ordered my 2018 SRT 392 on October 23 and took delivery on November 18. I live in AZ - you're a heckuva lot closer to Brampton than I am so you might be pleasantly surprised how fast you may get it. What I can tell you with certainty is that you will love it.

By the way, I kinda like the "exclusivity" of the SRT 392. As others have said, they're one of the less popular models so you hardly ever see any around.

Good luck!

saint 0:)

·
Registered
193 Posts
You may be too late in the beginning of May to get an ordered '18. Yes, the average of 8 weeks is right on. My ordered '18 TA 392 took 8 weeks almost to the day back in November. And being in Michigan, your only about 4 hours from the factory. The problem is that you just don't know exactly when they'll shut the line down to start the '19's which usually happens sometime in late June. So if you really want an '18 I would push it up a month to the beginning of April. BUT, you might just like what could be coming for the SRT 392 cars in 19 also. Some solid sources are saying the SRT 392 cars will see a HP boost to help differentiate them from the Scat Pak 392 cars a bit.

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
Don't remember the order banks ever closing in April, hasn't been anytime recent. They'll build the 18's into July so should still be able to order late May maybe early June, after that you gotta wait for the 19.

And on the SRT, it's just the best Challenger for me and I like it that you don't see many. After two years finally saw a Billet/Black stripe like mine on the road. My car is an A8 with just the stripes, tech and alcantara, nothing unusual I thought but it's a 1 of 1 car, the only one built exactly like it in 2016, thanks PLMCRZY! :D

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Called 2 different dodge dealers today.One stated order by middle of april as there MIGHT be ordering restrictions the other dealer stated order by June 1st.Scratching my head ???

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'd suggest having them find one for you. Particularly if you want a specific color. I wanted a combination that I thought would be hard to find. Jazz blue with a tan interior and an M6. They found one within 200 miles and I had it in under a week.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts