Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching a month for the one I want with all the options I want I decided to just order it! Going to take advantage of the Power Dollar Deal that is going on!
TorRed Scat Pack, Shaker Package, 6 speed manual, Dynamics Package, Driver Convenience Group, Red Brake Calipers, Alpine Radio. Decided on none of the stripes offered. The Shakedown Stripe option looks interesting, but can't find many pics of any of them with that stripe on them...? The other Shaker stripe offered just has too much black for me on the roof and trunk lid. Thinking about having the Dual Side Stripe Strobe Style that ends near the back end of the car installed here locally. Not sure about striping the hood, not many options on the Shaker Style hood, that I can find... They are telling me 6 to 8 weeks to arrive!

Todd
Dallas Texas

·
Registered
438 Posts
Welcome from Michigan bud. Have you considered the Wide Body? The traction improvement is really nice, I love it. I received my '19 a few months ago. Also, I believe that dollar deal requires you take possession of the car by a certain date.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wide body option was a little too pricey for me... I have a written offer from the Dealership by the sales manager that states he will honor the Power Dollars Deal if I order before August 29. Will see if it holds up in a couple of days!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wide body option was a little too pricey for me... I have a written offer from the Dealership by the sales manager that states he will honor the Power Dollars Deal if I order before August 29. Will see if it holds up in a couple of days!
Hah! We had an argument about this on another thread, everyone was claiming it was a deal that could not be negotiated dealer to dealer. There is proof to support my claim - it never hurts to try.

For sure - just wanted to make sure you considered it. I know that there are a lot of people that complain that on the street a standard body scat has real trouble hooking.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,357 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Todd, good job getting the rebate in writing

Actually the argument was that this would HAVE to be a deal negotiated dealer to dealer. That it was not FCAs program to guarantee past 9/3. The suggestion would be to get it in writing from the GM. Who cares who's footing the bill for the rebate as long as it isn't the buyer (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
582 Posts
Toddsnake, congrats on your Shaker.
Looks like you have it optioned rather nicely. Please post pics of the Red beauty when you get it.

I hate to call the recent "incentive" discussion an argument. More of a Rebate Debate. HA!
All involved had honest concerns.

One side didn't want to promise something that couldn't be delivered. Totally understandable.

The other side didn't want buyers to be afraid of ordering, for fear of losing said rebate. Again, totally understandable.

Now that this has been put to rest, I invite all persons involved to join together in harmony and sing "Kumbaya"
(A guy, feel free to start us off. 19johned53 and myself will join in on second verse.:D)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Todd, good job getting the rebate in writing

Actually the argument was that this would HAVE to be a deal negotiated dealer to dealer. That it was not FCAs program to guarantee past 9/3. The suggestion would be to get it in writing from the GM. Who cares who's footing the bill for the rebate as long as it isn't the buyer (y)

A Guy
That was the point that I was advocating, but it seemed there were quite a few people that were certain it was not possible, regardless of discussions with the dealer. My point was always that the dealer has the ability to negotiate and work around corporate FCA.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Todd, Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's been 25 days now! Can't stand the waiting game!!!!! Checked Factory Status... it's KZP
Todd

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Been 4 weeks today! Code KZT !!! In transit by railway.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well its been 5 weeks and 3 days so I called the dealer and was told it has arrived at the rail yard in Dallas and should be delivered by truck to the dealership tomorrow! They are telling me it should be ready to pick in 1 to 2 days!!!! Can't Sleep, Can't Work, Can't Wait!!!!!!:D
Todd:cool:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,357 Posts
Awesome, and Power Dollars still in effect ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YES!!!!!!!! Took delivery of my Scat Pack Challenger yesterday!!! Gonna need a plastic surgeon to get the smile off my face!:D The car took 6 weeks from the day I ordered it. I'm "Living the Dream"!
SCAT PACK 1.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts